Carpeting quantities and textures | FerrariChat

Carpeting quantities and textures

Discussion in '206/246' started by chrismay, Jun 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chrismay

chrismay Rookie

Oct 26, 2008
    We're about to head to the upholstery shop and are replacing the Wilton Wool and the trunk material in our 'L' series and would like to purchase the materials in advance of transport.

Can anyone estimate how many yards/meters are needed of wool for the interior, and the quantity needed for trunk?

Also, we've seen (2) samples of Wilton Wool, one being a lower nap and the second being higher...which is correct for a '69 vintage?

Still having no luck in finding the original gray boucle material for the trunk, but we may have a close substitute. If anyone has original material, please drop us a line!

Many thanks,
    Chris

ps I've tried to email Sgr. Luppi but have had no response

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I saw the trunks kits recently....somewhere......''World Upholstery'' maybe????

3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias

Hello Chris,

if you need to get in contact with Luppi, call them and ask for Mateo, he is the one English speaking guy. E-mail doesn`t work in Italy ;-)
    But Luppi doesn`t have the right carpet for early L-series.
    Henk van Lith has the correct stuff, but in colour white. To dye the carpet in the correct colour will probably take a few month or more.... (he`s not the quickest).
    I sent him a correct sample three month ago...

Regards Matthias

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I bought carpets from Matt at Reoriginals.com

http://reoriginals.com/upholstery_38.aspx

Why not buy the kit? It can't be that much cheaper to have the installers use bulk carpet and fit it bind it etc.

DM

5. chrismay

chrismay Rookie

Oct 26, 2008
    We're concerned that if we purchase a kit it won't be a good fit for our model. We purchased a set years ago for a 246 that was too large...for some reason the 'L' series seems to have slightly different dimensions.

We'd certainly be interested in purchasing the raw materials from them (Re-originals) since their samples look great! Just need to know the quantities and the correct thickness (WW 1,2,or3)
    Thanks!

6. Jezter70

Jezter70 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2013
    Surry (from UK)
    Full Name:
    Jez
    Hi All,
    Im struggling to source the correct boot/trunk carpeting in order to finish the resto on #07770 ('74 gts) .... i can see from the various older threads that this is a somewhat common issue ..... has anyone managed to locate the correct carpet, with the correct weave? i have samples from a couple of suppliers, including O'Rourke..... but the weave on these appears to be too tight.....
    any suggestions would be much appreciated!
    Best regards,
    Jez