Dino 05420 | FerrariChat

Dino 05420

Discussion in '206/246' started by fife355, Jul 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fife355

fife355 Rookie

Oct 4, 2011
    Dunfermline, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi Guys

My name is Steve Brown and I live in Fife in Scotland. My late uncle, William Dewar, bought Dino 05420 from Victor Wilson Ferrari in Edinburgh sometime in the mid-70's. He kept the car for a few years, using it sparingly for long trips to France etc and then sold it on to a chap called John Kirk who, at the time, lived in Falkirk in Scotland.

John then moved to Canada and took the car with him. To my knowledge, he still owns the car to this day. I was in touch with a couple of people locally who knew John and showed me photos of the car. I've since lost all contact details for said people.

I would like nothing more than to get in touch with John to chat about the car, share photos and memories of it etc. My earliest childhood memory is sitting in the Dino playing with indicators and wipers when I was about 2/3 years old (much to my uncles annoyance!).

The car wore the reg plate CSS 60 when it was in the UK. I'm uncertain where in Canada John lives (Toronto rings a bell, but as I say, I'm uncertain).

If anyone on here knows John, his location and can contact him, I'd love if you could direct him towards this post.

My uncle and I co-owned a blue chiaro 308qv later on in life and I'm working my way towards buying a 355 at the moment. It was 05420 that led me to become the Ferrari obsessive that I am today and I would like nothing more than to get in touch with the car and it's now owner.

Thus far, I've contacted the Ferrari Club in Canada who were unable to assist and weren't aware of the car. Curiously, the Dino Register website still lists my uncle as the most current owner!

If anyone can help, you would well and truly make my year!!

Thanks in advance guys!

Steve

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I do hope someone responds

i fell in love with the dino from an early age too.

The dino register certainly confirms some of your history up to 1988

http://www.dinoregister.com/search.php

Tony

3. fife355

fife355 Rookie

Oct 4, 2011
    Dunfermline, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Tony

My uncle passed away recently and I promised him my mission would be to see the car once again. I'd love to keep that promise.

Steve

4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Good luck, i'm sure someone somewhere will know.

Tony

5. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Steve,

I live near Toronto but am away until the 28th of July. I will ask around on your behalf to see if anyone is aware of the car and if so where it might be or who may may own it.

take care

Jamie

6. fife355

fife355 Rookie

Oct 4, 2011
    Dunfermline, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Jamie - that would be very much appreciated!

Steve

7. fife355

fife355 Rookie

Oct 4, 2011
    Dunfermline, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello Guys

My search for the car has come to a grinding halt. I had a spot of luck about two years ago where I happened upon a relative of the current owner who confirmed that he still owned the car and resided in Canada. She had spoken with him recently and said he would be delighted to hear from me.

The circumstances of our meeting was hardly ideal (a funeral) meant it wasn't appropriate to exchange phone numbers etc so I'm back to the drawing board.

I desperately want to contact the owner for a chat, hopefully with a view of travelling to Canada to see it once more. All I know is his name is John Kirk and he lives in Canada. Not a lot to go on, I know. It seems the owners club for that part of the world are not aware of the car.

If anyone can assist me, I'd be eternally grateful.