Trim screws and washers | FerrariChat

Trim screws and washers

Discussion in '206/246' started by omgjon, Jan 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    #1 omgjon, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    synchro likes this.
  2. outofpocket

outofpocket Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    GD
    Has anyone ever put together a list with sizes of all the nuts, bolts and screws needed (not necessarily engine/mechanical) for restoring a Dino.
    I have such a list for another marque that I own and it saves an enormous amount of time when sourcing nuts, bolts, and screws.
    Here's another place to order fastners from. They'll sell you just one bolt if that's all you need. Very good information on how to measure.
    Bolt Depot - Nuts and Bolts, Screws and Fasteners online

3. PogueMahone

PogueMahone Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2011
    MC
    Full Name:
    PMD
    Jon,

Could you pls be kkind enough to post thref. and quantities used ?

For which series ?

4. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Newco Products has the screws and washers you need for all the interior trim pieces. I couldn't tell you the quantity, maybe next Dino I do all add them up.

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  6. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Comes with an excessive # of interior screws...I have many unused, would love to trade for a bunch of sizes from their `7973 A2 & 7983 A2 for Interiors' assortment.

7. PogueMahone

PogueMahone Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2011
    MC
    Full Name:
    PMD
    On my own, I only need a complete assortment for my L-series.

8. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    Hi Jon,

could you please have a look on your bill?

I need some of the Slot Head Machiene Screws (middle row, right). Newco don´t quote them in their site.

Thanks

9. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    wow, how the prices have changed

I bought thousands of those screws ten years ago for under $50

10. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    I get my Trim and Screws in 'Vegas.

750.00 sounds about right :)

11. guido ferrari

guido ferrari Karting

Jul 21, 2011
    Need slotted oval head, about 5 of the 2.9 x 19 1 of the 2.9 x 13, and matching washers.

Maybe 3 of the 3.5 x 19, 2 of the 3.5 x 13, in case something strips, and matching washers.

Rather than pay $250 - 500, maybe someone with a stash could sell each item separately to me for fifty-ish?

If I wind up forced to buy hundreds and hundreds of these to get the dozen or so I need, I'll be the guy with the stash and will have to try to sell them individually for 2-3 bucks each.

Thanks,

GF

12. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Newco is great. Bought an assortment tray a few years ago and it has had most everything I've needed for the car (so far). :)

13. rbsloan11

rbsloan11 Karting

Apr 25, 2007
    Carmel
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Newco is great - I just refilled my oval head phillips box (from Newco) which is so handy to have. Most sizes are around 0.50/screw and the minimum order is only $25. Well worth the money. In particular the correct oval head ones in SS are really difficult to find elsewhere.

Rob

14. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    EBAY 361285696146

15. guido ferrari

guido ferrari Karting

Jul 21, 2011
    Screws might be 50 - 75 cents each, but minimum buy is 25. Washers $70 for 100. So a couple screw sizes plus washers and you're over $100.

The eBay screws, that's a handy tip, I'll check later but pretty sure the screws for the rubber trunk lid bumpers are a larger size than the door panels.

If some helpful person can part with ~8 of the 19mm x 2.9, ~3 of the 13mm x 2.9, (slotted head oval) and matching washers, I'm willing to throw in some cash.

Otherwise I'll have to bite the bullet here.

Thanks,

GF

16. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Hello Scott, numbers are not working...

Regards, Alberto

17. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    I have some Newco stuff but these prices are over the top most of it can be found at a quarter of the cost, bit it just takes time

18. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  19. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #19 synchro, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    http://newcoproducts.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_45_91&product_id=1108
    Now $679

Photo of new rubber bumper mounting screw, slotted, oval head.
    I have a few left, standard 20mm and extra long 25mm length (I actually needed a few). This is not the wide assortment Newco sells but I found them enough and I bought in bulk too.

These screws are concours correct and easily seen by judges as they sit in the lids' rain gutters of the lid shuts (Front, Engine, Rear trunk). I had to buy a big bag of each for the minimum order and still have standard size 20mm and extra long 25mm for when the rubber bumper stops are not trimmed.

See the first photo with 4 original gutter stops and their screws in the back row, my 2 new sizes up front where the standard length 20mm screws were not long enough and I needed these extra long 25mm.

These are also used in a few other places in the Dino; for mounting the front trunk courtesy light On/Off switch/button,
    with cups for interior pieces and vinyl trim securing, see last two photos.
    Can be painted black

View attachment 2716327

Attached Files: