Voxson 8-track rebuild | FerrariChat

Voxson 8-track rebuild

Discussion in '206/246' started by rynoshark, Mar 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #1 rynoshark, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Is there anyone who can rebuild the Voxson 8-track radios and also install an aux headphone jack input cable? As it is an unusual Italian unit I suspect it might be tricky to find someone to work on it. I have the service manual for the Voxson which should help. Thanks for any pointers.

One option I guess is to change internals to AM/FM (since the Italian bands are pretty useless): http://www.turnswitch.com/radio1.htm

2. br1zapp

br1zapp Rookie

Nov 28, 2011
    I do normally service all 3 basic Voxson 8-track car radios (with or without FMS), mainly the first model (1967) GN104/SR but GN108 FMS (1972, FMS up to 104 mhz) and the last one, GN1008 FMS (1976, full fm range) are requested some times for the fact of having the FM.
    If you will tell me what you mean with "rebuild" (is it broken? what's wrong with it?) I can see what I can do for you.
    You may have all the aux input/output made locally, I don't change the original equipment.
    Nobody would ask for mp3 or else on a 365GTB/4!
    And if it happens...I do reply this way....I refrain from doing it.
    It is already so complicated to work on these old car stereos (not always...it depends on how many rotten wires there may be!) that I leave all extra requests to somebody else to do!
    All the best
    Bruno
    Italy
    [email protected]