206/246 L-series horn button broken or missing? | FerrariChat

206/246 L-series horn button broken or missing?

Discussion in '206/246' started by dgt, Mar 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #1 dgt, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The black plastic horn button that the Dino emblem is glued into was cracked and fell to bits on my L-series, it seems a previous owner was an enthusiastic user of the Dino warning device...
    Verell has agreed to do a mold and remake them if we can get enough interest for it to be worthwhile.
    If you're missing this part or broke one, or are planning to break it though enthusiastic horn use, then now is the chance to order one.
    I'll let Verell figure out how much he wants to sell them for based on interest, and when he wants to make them as he has other work ahead of it. My only interest is getting one and I supplied an original part to make the mold.

This is part #740302 on TAV. 30 of the L-series parts manual.
    It is correct for the L-series leather MOMO 37cm steering wheel and I also believe it's the same part on the 206/early L-series wooden MOMO 38cm steering wheel (but someone should confirm that).

Andrew

P.S. In the unlikely event these are available somewhere then please let me know.
    (If you're clever and know how to find stuff by looking on the internet, you should know that EVERYONE lists this part# but then sends you a repro E-series horn button or something the wrong size/shape or something else made of aluminum...)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    You may want to contact the guys at Re-Originals. Last year they showed me a repro horn button for the L-Series that looked perfect to me. They had just gotten them and maybe have not yet put them on their website.

3. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I just looked at re-originals site, it isn't there.

4. pjbf

pjbf Karting

Jul 13, 2011
    Europe
    #4 pjbf, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Andrew, this is not an easy part to find but is this what you looking for???It´s not mine but I might be able to get it!!It´s in Switzerland in a clients house!!and it´s not cheap!!!I´m not sure it´s original, but it looks like it!!Maybe some member can confirm, I´m not even sure is for Dino!!

All the best

Paulo

5. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I will check again but the part they had was for V12's and similar but wrong....

6. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thanks Paulo, I believe this is a very original Daytona horn assembly - very nice but not correct for early Dinos. I'll post some detailed photos later.

7. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Since this post I found two OE early Dino horn buttons I can use.
    Once again, time and patience paid off to replace my cracked one.
    Andrew