rear boot (trunk) lid covering | FerrariChat

rear boot (trunk) lid covering

Discussion in '206/246' started by pk246gt, Apr 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pk246gt

pk246gt Karting

Apr 4, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi,

Just moving through the trimming stage: will upload some images in the near future, but need a little direction regarding the install of above.

I purchased the 'wool cloth' from Henk @ HVL for the boot lid: can someone confirm how this is affixed to the lid; ie is there a board or something attached in there that the cloth fixes to, or is the cloth just stuck on somehow...really appreciate some advise or better still images of it - before and after?

Cheers.
    Paul.

GermanDino
    Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed Join Date: Aug 2007
    Full Name: Matthias

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pshoejberg
    Calling all experts! Is there felt on the backside of the front hood on the 246 L serie cars or is it just black painted? I recall having read something about this issues, but I cannot find the thread.

Regards

Peter
    no, Peter, backside of the front hood just painted black with no structure
    in your case black felt only inside the boot lid and on the fiber glass panel covering the lights in the luggage boot...

2. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Paul,
    It's glued straight to the black paint on the sheet metal up to the edge of the frame.

3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Agreed and I will add that on the 'turn down' where the end of the trunk lid is the fabric goes part way down and is roughly cut with not a lot of care given to appearance. We found this out by studying some original cars and the rough finish should be no surprise coming from Ferrari .

4. Paul Root

Paul Root Rookie

Nov 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Paul Root
    they did not use this on a 74' correct ?

5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Correct.

Paul Root likes this.