parts in italy | FerrariChat

parts in italy

Discussion in '206/246' started by dinogtss, Apr 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinogtss

dinogtss Karting

Jul 14, 2013
    Hi Everyone

I was thinking about taking a parts hunting trip to italy where would you guys suggest the best places to go to find nice nos parts?

Cheers

2. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The PO of my car went there in the mid-80's and got a bunch of NOS parts from the factory.

But my guess would be that any source present now would have been raided by the professional parts suppliers long ago.

3. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    You may have some luck finding a treasure or two at either the Imola or Padova swap meets. I'd be shocked if Ferrari and related parts dealers aren't already well picked over in Italy. If you can speak Italian and make friends easily, perhaps you can find a stash which was previously undiscovered but that's like hoping to uncover a barnfind Dino.

Cheers,

Keith

4. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Keith, didn't you check every barn in Northern Italy ?? No Alfa or Dino left :)

5. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Andrew:

I know there's a barn somewhere in Northern Italy with a 206 GT and a Duetto in pristine condition. If you had been willing to stop the car and allow me to thoroughly search every barn, I know I would have found them.

The dream is still alive!

Cheers,

Keith

6. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    :)