L and M series Aluminium door sills. | FerrariChat

L and M series Aluminium door sills.

Discussion in '206/246' started by dman550, Apr 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dman550

dman550 Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    White Rock BC
    Full Name:
    Dario
    First off I wanted to thank Everyone here on Ferrari Chat that is helping me put the small details right back on my car. Latest is the Aluminum door sills for the L and M series cars.

I Bought a set for one of the parts suppliers and once I got them I saw they were noting like what was posted here on FC. So I reached out to Rob C and he was gracious enough to take the time to measure and send me drawings of his sills.

I had the drawings digitized and then I brought the file to a local laser cutter and he cut me out 2 patterns that I then bent up into a almost perfect set of early door sills. I have a couple of small changes that need to be made but they are near perfect. They turned out really nice. They do have a few handling scratches on them but that will be cleaned up after I take them off for anodizing. I wanted to take Robs advice and send mine out for clear anodizing so that will be the next step.

So my question is if there is anyone out there that will need a set of the early sills made in aluminum in the same original 1mm thickness let me know.
    Happy Easter to all...

Dario

2. dman550

dman550 Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    White Rock BC
    Full Name:
    Dario
    I'm not able to post the pictures.

I will forward pics to anyone that wants them.

Thanks,

Dario

3. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
  4. dman550

dman550 Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    White Rock BC
    Full Name:
    Dario
    #4 dman550, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Why do the screw positions appear so tall? Is it the type of fastener you used or is that part of the sill?

6. dman550

dman550 Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    White Rock BC
    Full Name:
    Dario
    What is the size of the fastener supposed to be? These where metric ones I had. I can get low head screws.