I'm curious about your rear view mirrors | FerrariChat

I'm curious about your rear view mirrors

Discussion in '206/246' started by Dizengoff, Apr 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dizengoff

Dizengoff Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2011
    Chicago
    #1 Dizengoff, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've looked at quite a few photos of the 206/246 and I notice variations in external mirrors. Some cars have none. Many have the flat silver mirrors. Some have the Talbot bullet style, kind of like the Singer 911's use. Some have black Vitalonis. Then there's this red car, a GTS maybe? While the three cars in the background have the flat silver mirrors, the red car has completely different mirrors altogether.

Anyway I'm curious about the variations out there, and what the stories behind them happen to be. You're lucky that your mirrors don't look like they were stolen off a Chrysler Lebaron, like my Mondial's mirrors :(.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    If you listen to most, Dino's were NEVER fitted with mirrors from the FACTORY.

This isn't exactly true, but most Dino's left the factory without mirrors. MOST dealers installed mirrors as a DEALER option. Most Dealers used the same mirrors Ferrari was fitting, which is the flattened mirror disk that we most commonly associate with the period Ferrari mirror type.

There are lots of threads about this subject....

Keep in mind, with no specific FACTORY SPEC, there is lots of vagueness.

No car should be dinged for "NON-FACTORY MIRRORS", unless it falls into one of the specifics or select market items.

CLEARLY, having something completely not appropriate for the car and the time frame, throws that whole argument out the window.