246 seat belts | FerrariChat

246 seat belts

Discussion in '206/246' started by Rosso Nuvola, Jul 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosso Nuvola

Rosso Nuvola Rookie

Sep 21, 2011
    Does anyone know if the late 1974 246 GTS without shoulder belts has the mounts for the belts hidden under the vinyl covered rear shelf?

2. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    My '74 GTS has the mounts under the vinyl.

3. Rosso Nuvola

Rosso Nuvola Rookie

Sep 21, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback.

4. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    The rear shelf is covered with vinyl in a GTS?
    Could someone please post a photo?

Regards, Alberto

5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #5 isuk, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a picture of mine during it's retrim in June Alberto. The rear shelf and insides of the sail panels are covered in black Dino vinyl in a GTS. There is a circular perforated pattern on each inner sail panel trim in the same style as the factory door speaker perforations, only much smaller, that vents air from the cabin through the three vertical openings on the exterior C pillar/sail panel.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #6 isuk, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The vinyl runs up to the roof and carries on across under the roll hoop on a trim panel that is often missing on many cars. You can see it in this photo. The insert panels in the targa top are heat stitched vinyl as well to give continuity. I've seen a lot of cars that have have been retrimmed in leather in these areas. When I bought this car it had been retrimmed in leather in these areas so I've returned it to the factory correct vinyl.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login