Sqreaching 00474 | FerrariChat

Sqreaching 00474

Discussion in '206/246' started by Tycho, Sep 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tycho

Tycho Rookie

Mar 11, 2008
    Hello, Dinoisti

I hesitate in writing as I have been only a lurker for some time now and as the group seems so family I am a bit uncomfortable. However, I put that aside and ask for your help.

I have recently repaired a very long gravel driveway that was closer to a canal than a place to drive a Dino. And every time the driveway dried out it would immediately rain again. And so I have recently just begun to actually drive my car.

I made a short trip into town just the other day and on the way home was presented with two problems. Please note that I am not necessarily suggesting that the two events are related. Correlation does not imply causation.

On two occasions the clutch pedal did not return. A tap on the pedal released it. What is going on?

As I got close to home I heard a loud screeching sound coming from behind me. The sound was not consistent. It would vary in decibel level and in length of "sound bursts" and time in between.

The sound itself was similar to that of a loose fan belt or a power steering unit in full lock. Imagine that power steering sound and how one can vary it by manipulating the steering wheel itself. The sound though is louder.

Needless to say even on this pleasant rainless day in southern Wisconsin, I am not about to dive the car until I can address these problems.

( By the way, the clutch pedal gave no resistance in down travel, and when I tapped the pedal it popped right up with no drag. )

Any ideas ?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Regards,

David

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Lack of use, sticking clutch plate / bearing
    Pump the clutch pedal to free things up a bit then drive it.
    Welcome to the family!!

3. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Possibly a pressure plate bearing that is on its way to disintegrating?

Regards, Alberto