Goodwood,friday,confusion? | FerrariChat

Goodwood,friday,confusion?

Discussion in '206/246' started by richardson michael, Sep 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    I don't quite get this. the Dino Lot 201 (00696) is estimated at £200-250K. However,in the Dino Register,it is listed at an estimate of £350-500K. Has this change in valuation come about,or been affected by the similar car(00620) that is being offered in the US at the moment,and on EB.Both are left hookers,so slightly less appealing to UK buyers . We remain interested,and will be attending,as will Matthias,so his imput will be valuable,as always.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Its probably nothing more sinister than a mistype of the dollar conversion from sterling - do you seriously think at the moment a Dino is a GBP 500 000 car ?

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Not vouching for this car, but a Dino has already beaten that amount.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Can you tell some more about the car that went for so much ie over USD 800 000 - how did it deserve the 50 % premium to the current market ?

5. TonyJerseyUK

TonyJerseyUK Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    Jimmie,

Just about all public high prices are trumped by private transactions, whatever the make and model. The current (and probably always) most valuable road Dino is the 206 (followed IMHO by an original C+F GTS, C+F GT, L, M etc***) and the last 206 publically to sell was close to $800k (Gooding/Monterey). It's patently obvious that "many" Dinos have privately traded for over that figure.

And all this without "special provenence" eg I've stated on more than one occasion that I'd be happy to pay $1m for #00810. However, if it ever did come up for sale (and I'm led to believe from some very learned sources that it won't) then I'd not be at all surprised if my derisory offer were doubled by a serious Persuaders fan.

Shawn is absolutely spot on re price comments.

*** I tried to get this values thread going a few months ago, but it fell on it's RRRs, sorry, ass...

Cheers,

Tony

6. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I am not surprised by some of the high end transactions, people will generally pay a premium when perception justifies it.

What I am most amazed at is what is going in the lower end transactions. A glimpse is seen by some of the auction results for decent, but not great cars. The bigger picture are the private transaction of what I would normally refer to as junk/projects.