Window cable pulley | FerrariChat

Window cable pulley

Discussion in '206/246' started by simonc, Sep 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
  2. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
  3. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Thanks Racerboy9 - that's what I need but it is kind of expensive. Still it's an option if I can't find an alternative.

4. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I agree, silly money for the part.

5. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Agreed, silly money...

If there is enough demand, we can make them. without the lightening holes to make it less expensive, but in stainless steel as a possibility. I just have to enquire as to the cost.

I know Simon needs one, others, please pm if there is any interest.

Regards, Alberto

6. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    This would be great, Alberto. I would suggest that it will also need a fixing bolt as well to make mounting it easier. The original pulley has a larger hole than the fixing stud, this central hole may be 8mm or so. The fixing stud has a shoulder to fit this hole and then a 6mm shaft that is a press fit into the door frame. It is unlikely that the new shaft could be pressed into the old frame hole as space is limited. I would think a longer threaded shaft that could bolt through the frame would work but this is likely to be different for different models so it may be a better idea to supply a bush that reduces the central hole in the pulley form 8mm to 6mm.

I hope teh above makes sense and I can supply the exact measurement if needed as I now have this off of the car.

7. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    I just make them as I need them out of delrin. It just takes a few minutes on the lathe. No need for bushings or lubrication.

8. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #8 swift53, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Simon, I can certainly provide the pulley, in any material or in Delrin as per Tim's great suggestion.

As far as the bolt, there is no access here for that type of shouldered item, so I cannot be of help. Please confirm dimensions / quantities, and I can provide you with more concrete numbers. Please pm me on this issue.

On the other hand, Tim might be a better source, as he is equipped for the manufacturing of pulleys, whereas I have to resort to my old lathe operator.

Regards, Alberto

9. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    In case you hadn't seen my post in the Boxer section I found a plastic pulley from Maranello Classic Spares for the unbelievable price of less than $2 (two dollars!). I will fit this and keep looking for a metal on that I can substitute later.

Thanks for everyone's help.