Selling my Dino - ad posted on FerrariChat | FerrariChat

Selling my Dino - ad posted on FerrariChat

Discussion in '206/246' started by 4redno, Oct 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Hi All:

As noted in another thread I hijacked a few weeks ago, I'm selling my Dino and have now placed an ad on FerrariAds.com. Details can be found at:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/463290-1969-ferrari-dino-246-gt-early-l-series-completely-restored.html

I just thought I would let visitors to the Dino forum know in case you are in the market for a car or know someone who is. Some of you know me and the car but if you have any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail.

Kind regards,

Keith Wintraub

2. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Hi All:

I received several inquiries regarding my Dino and have decided to consign the car with Bonhams for their Scottsdale Auction which takes place on January 15th, 2015 at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa.

The car will be sold at the auction WITHOUT RESERVE.

Please use the following site to check out the car in advance of the auction.

Bonhams : 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT Coupe Chassis no. 00542 Engine no. 1049

We had really nice weather for the photo shoot and the photographer, Pavel is a real pro and took lots of great shots which you can check out using the link above.

Cheers,

Keith

3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Bump, An exceptional example

4. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

A wonderful Dino.

Photos taken at Shilshole Bay by the boat launch and The Little Coney?

5. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Wow, you nailed the location.

Bonhams sent a professional photographer named Pavel to take these photos a few weeks ago. He really was a great guy - an artist who loves what he does and was willing to take the time to find the right location and the best light to take these photos.

It took a sunny fall day in Seattle (rare), autumn leaves on the trees (beautiful), an empty boat launch in Golden Gardens Park (only in autumn), an artist with great equipment who has shot thousands of cars (Pavel) and one of Maranello's finest creations to produce these photos.

We were out there for a few hours and kept the car close to the water at times to capture that nice reflective light. I wasn't sure what time the tide would come back in and how quickly the water level would rise when it did. I am not sure if Dinos float and really did not want to find out so my heart rate was a tad elevated!

Keith

6. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Keith -

You probably had a crowd watching you from the warm confines of the Little Coney.

I have sailed out of Shilshole Bay Marina many times during racing regattas, and then walked over to the Little Coney upon return for a Coke, and have watched many hilarious incidents (at least to observers) while people were trying to load and unload small skiffs, dinghies, and power boats onto trailers while forgetting to set brakes, or forgetting to make sure that hitch balls and sockets were properly connected, or finding out that their tires were too bald and they couldn't get any purchase and bite to drive back up the wet and slippery boat ramp.

It seems that there is always a show going on there. And then your Dino showed up for its glamour photo-shoot.

I would hope that someone nearby us will buy your Dino - otherwise, it surely will be missed.

Mark

7. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    well, we will miss you as well, Keith.

Andres

8. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Thanks Andres. I'll still visit the forum and post when I have something worthwhile (or worthless) to add.

I hope to buy another Ferrari at some point (likely a 308 GTB) and when I do, at least you know I won't be posting anything on their forum about the fact that Dinos aren't real Ferraris!

Keith

9. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I second that emotion!

10. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    I'll miss you guys too. Being a Dino owner was the fulfillment of my childhood dream.

Keith

11. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Hi All.

Just a quick update, my Dino arrived safe and sound in AZ. They are just setting up today and tomorrow and I must say, Bonhams has some spectacular Ferraris up for sale in Scottsdale.

The entry tent will feature the 275 GTB comp car, a Europa, a Lusso and a Daytona spider.

My 1969 "L" series Dino is among several other beautiful Ferraris including (but not limited to) a silver 275 GTB, a black Plexiglas-nosed Daytona, a gold 330 GTC and a really low mileage black Boxer.

There is a serious buzz in town. I am optimistic the results will be commensurate with the quality of cars on offer.

Cheers,

Keith

12. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Hey Keith -

When you get back from Arizona, you can start helping me with the restoration of my Dino! ;)

Just a thought....

Good luck in Arizona!!

Mark

13. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Keith I hope the best for you and that your lovely Dino will find a good new home....

14. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

Please give us the "inside scoop" in so much as you may have time for----- hope you Dino knocks it out of the park.
    Jack

15. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Thanks Jack.

I'll provide some photos and insights over the next few days.

Cheers,

Keith

16. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    #16 tx246, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Keith,

If you could shoot some pictures of the other auction cars, that would be awesome....especially if you can do so before we see them go across the block.

I am waiting, like all of us, to see what the market does.

There is a specific car that privately transacted, without public view or details, that is VERY interesting - both in terms of price and what it is.

The price makes your car look like a steal.....

Shawn

17. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Well, my car is now officially on view at Bonhams in Scootsdale. More rain has fallen on my Dino in three days in the AZ desert than in 20 years in Seattle. It is supposed to clear up for the next two days.

Keith

18. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    #18 HMB-Dino, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looks to me like the weather will be perfect for my arrival today...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. mebowles

mebowles Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Western US
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Good luck at Bonhams Keith, we will all be watching!

20. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    sunny here in seattle - good luck keith ! dz

21. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Hi Shawn (and others).

I'll take photos of the Dinos at Bonhams, Gooding and RM tomorrow during the viewing day tomorrow (Wednesday).

I will be coming home on Thursday night so I won't be able to take photos of any cars crossing the block other than mine and perhaps the 246 GTS that Bonhams is selling as I have a flight to catch.

Cheers,

Keith

22. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Keith,

What sense of feeling did you get from the crowd?

Shawn

23. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    What did you think of the result? Looks like it sold for $385k including the buyer's premium?

24. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Hammer was $350k, add in 10% buyers premium for $385k total. That was well below Bonham's range estimate...a shame because the car is stunning.

25. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    does seller also give auction house 10%?