Rear view mirror | FerrariChat

Rear view mirror

Discussion in '206/246' started by isuk, Oct 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #1 isuk, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At some point in it's life the cover for the bracket that fixes the rear view mirror to the windscreen header frame has been changed on my GTS and has the type for a GT with the holes on either side for the sun visors. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have a spare correct GTS part they might want to trade or a good photo of an original GTS item? I'm wondering if the GTS part is identical except for the holes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dinogtss

dinogtss Karting

Jul 14, 2013
    My gts had the same one you have from new

and have seen another gts with the same one

3. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Interesting, thanks. It could just be a typical Ferrari situation where the GTS parts had run out on the line so they just used the GT part instead to get the car finished and out of the way.

4. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    I am away from my GTS for the next week, but I will check when back Iain. My mirror is definitely the unmolested slightly desilvered around the edge original, as is the trim around the area (I don't have the spare part but may be able to help with the info).

A question though, where the roof panel spikes/lugs at the front enter the frame at the top of the windscreen should there be any metal type of ring around the edge of the trim - mine does not have any and the trim (original) is a little distressed around the hole from the in and out of the lugs/spikes over the years. It looks like an outer type of guide ring is missing.

Nigel

5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #5 isuk, Oct 6, 2014
  6. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I discovered a few photo's in my collection of the GTS specific bracket cover and also a few GTS cars that have the GT type fitted so it does look like the factory most likely simply used whichever part was to hand when building the cars. The earliest photo's I have of my car are from the mid 80's and it has the GT type mirror bracket cover visible so it certainly appears that it's most likely been there from new.

7. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
  8. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #8 mar3kl, Oct 6, 2014