Brandoli video | FerrariChat

Brandoli video

Discussion in '206/246' started by dgt, Nov 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Very nicely made video. I can't exactly agree with all that is said but for sure there is a lot of great eye candy and a good use of 5 minutes.

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    That is a pretty awesome video. I am surprised by the number of Dino's in relation to the cars that are there.

4. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
  5. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ met them. quite nice to deal with, just need a tranlator as they dont speak english.

6. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Yes, I experienced that. I sent them multiple emails in English over 2 months with no response. I then had our Italian designer write them in Italian and presto, instant response! I found it interesting that their website is also in English. Stupid Americano!

Freeman

7. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    I do have.......
    I was there two weeks ago to have a look at the silver 206 GT seen in the video for the customer.....

8. ferrari-nut

ferrari-nut Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    ANTHONY
    They are great guys. I have been there many times and they have made some "hard to get" parts that were missing from my "basket case" GTS that has just been restored.

9. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Dunno Rob, it made me want to drop everything and run off to Modena with a pile of $ and throw it at them.
    oh wait...

10. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    :)

11. Dino Club Germany

Dino Club Germany Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2008
    Germany
    Full Name:
    N. Schumacher
    #11 Dino Club Germany, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In my opinion he is the real number one in the Modena area, a bit ahead of Baccelli Autosport. Therefore I let him make all the needed Body parts during the Restauration of my # 1706. I know Egidio since 25 years and visit him almost every year. Funny is the how the Ferrari models from the customers are changing. Through the years always mostly the ones which are increasing in value. After 250´s and 275´s now 246´s ...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  13. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Cool Pictures!

14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ferrari has always outsourced work.

15. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I think the majority of their Classiche process is outsourced to many of the local cottage industry folks that had been doing it for years.

Unfortunately, I think they have also gotten these folks to enter into agreements not to deal with the general public anymore.

For all the older stuff, the people originally working on the cars are retired or near retirement age. Them training the next generation makes sense, but the numbers only make sense for both Ferrari and them if they control the process.

Not a knock at it, but it allows them to work with their skillsets and Ferrari to have some sense of control over everything.

However, it is kinda frustrating as a consumer.

I absolutely loved how I was belittled inside the Ferrari Factory by the host of the Factory guided tour when I pointed out something that historically not correct.

We were, as a group, standing in front of a 250 PF Coupe. When the story was told about Ferrari winning many races in 1957 and 1958 with "THIS CAR", it made a name for Ferrari. "Which is why Ferrari worked so hard to make it part of the FACTORY TOUR", I pointed out it wasn't a car from the late 50's.....

Granted it is a tour guy, but when I searched for stuff for my Ellena, I was amazed at how little was actually known by people that had access to correct info...

Red Rocket likes this.