trying to identify dino 206 motor | FerrariChat

trying to identify dino 206 motor

Discussion in '206/246' started by JohnD, Nov 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnD

JohnD Rookie

May 16, 2006
    #1 JohnD, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi,;

I am trying to identify a Dino 206 motor it has a single can cover similar to a 1968 166. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

John Nicosia
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    From my limited knowledge it was an experimental 2 litre engine used in the Mountain championship in the early sixties, for 1966 season they planned to build 50 examples to meet homologation but failed and instead ran in a different class. There were many variants of this engine over the years, I think its a later engine (late sixties) as its a fuel injected model rather than downdraught webers?.

It is a very rare lump of metal you have, it definitely has racing history but as developments were made these engines were discarded at will

Possibly from a 206S/ P?

More photos would be nice to see.

3. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    That is the 4 valve Formula 2 motor supplied to outside teams from about 1976 onwards. Used in Chevron, Ralt, Minardi and other chassis. Is it available for sale?

4. JohnD

JohnD Rookie

May 16, 2006
    Hi,

I will be posting more pics later today. Thanks for the help. I am still contemplating whether I am going to sell the motor.

regards

Jihn

5. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    How difficult is it to keep these engines running? Are they designed to be torn apart after every event? Has one of these ever been fitted to a road car?

What is the value range for one of these?

6. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Shawn's calling his broker first thing Monday morning, so you better have a price soon!! ;)