Hazard warning light switch position | FerrariChat

Hazard warning light switch position

Discussion in '206/246' started by simonc, Dec 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Where shall I mount my hazard warning light switch? My car is a 73 246GT euro spec car which did not have a hazard warning lights fitted from the factory. Someone has fitted hazards and used a modern rocker switch which I want to replace, but I am not sure what style of switch to use or where to put it. I believe on US spec cars the original factory switch was located to the right of the heater control but I have the fan switches either side of my heater controls. I can't decide where to put the switch - on the dashboard hidden under the dash. Any advice and/or pictures of possible locations would be great.

2. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Same one as the fan - mouse ear paddle, single throw from center (OFF) to down (ON)

Euro cars used the two switches for separate L, R ventilation fans.
    US cars moved both fans to the left switch leaving the right switch for hazard

PS - careful of the Alfa switches that look the same but have ON at the center rather than OFF at the center

3. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Later Euro E series have this set up as well.

4. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is there a reason you want hazard lights? Otherwise you could probably get rid of a bunch of aftermarket electrical complexity and not worry about what switch to use.

5. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    At the moment I have decided I don't want to modify the dashboard layout away from original so the switch will either need to be hidden on a mounting bracket up under the dash or I will remove the hazards, as Mark suggested. I'll look at the way the wiring has been altered tomorrow and then decide.

6. dino clay

dino clay Karting

Oct 31, 2007
    san mateo, cal
    Full Name:
    clay cavanaugh
    throw it away