Dino coil stickers | FerrariChat

Dino coil stickers

Discussion in '206/246' started by simonc, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    #1 simonc, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Does anyone have a good source for these two Magneti Marelli foil stickers on the coils? One is silver and the other one is gold. I know Parker Hall has the silver one available but not the gold one. This is for an E-series car, if this makes any difference.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Simon,

Parker shows the gold foil sticker as item 18 on page 7 of his latest catalogue. He has it listed as being for a Daytona.

3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    I got mine from Parker Hall too or from Adrian, can`t remember....

4. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Parker Hall (Kilimanjaro Designs) has what you need...it's where I got mine when I returned my Dino's ignition from aftermarket back to dual coil Dinoplex.

5. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    I've asked Parker to send me his new catalogue as mine must be out of date. Thanks everyone.

6. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    I created correct print layouts for all of the four Marelli Dinoplex coil stickers and talked to Colin at SF if he has an interest to produce them. This was around two years ago so i am looking for an alternative supplier now :/
    Any idea who could be interested in the reproduction? I have no financial interests, happy to exchange the design/production rights against a batch of fifty or hundred labels of each for my own restorations.

Cheers,
    Adrian

7. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #7 alhbln, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    impressive, are they marked "replica" though :)

9. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I let this rest before, but since you insist on continuing:

There's a difference here, unlike a complete and BRANDED wrench, he's not facing a risk of passing off the whole coil itself as "original."

Stick those labels (or similar) on a copycat Magneti Marelli coil, and you're risking significant legal action - on intellectual property grounds, AND on product liability grounds if something goes amiss with the coil itself and causes physical damage to the car or its occupants.

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The Dino Compendium p. 272 shows the main coil being BAE 200A and then at Dino 05798 it changes to BAE 203A.
    I have found an extra vintage coil in my Dino parts but it is a BAE 201A, where was this coil used?

Thanks

11. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    BAE201A replaced the BAE200A coil, they are nearly identical. Early (before '71?) BAE200A coils have a beige top, later ones a black one. A BAE201A coil looks like later black top BAE200A coil.

BAE200/201 coils where replaced by the newer type BAE203A in '73, which integrated both the normale and the emergenza coil in one unit.

Rule of thumb, if you have a setup with a two terminal AMP connector, then you have a BAE200A per factory, with a three terminal connector most probably a BAE201A, and with a six terminal connector a BAE203A.