Dino 01104 Original Italian Registration Discovered! | FerrariChat

Dino 01104 Original Italian Registration Discovered!

Discussion in '206/246' started by swift53, Jan 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #1 swift53, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wonders never cease :), specially from Matthias...who will be mailing me the original booklet.

Now, I know who the first two owners were, both in Sicily, the first a bonafide Nobleman,
    the second, a bonafide corrupt, shady character (i.e. mafioso).
    Will post more photos after this one, as I do not know how to post adobe on f-chat.

Regards, Alberto
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    amazing!

3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    was just a coincidence, bought a bunch of stuff from a collector....

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Holy Crap!!!

An amazing find, and what better situation to reconnect it to it's original car!!!

I am Jealous, but excited to see it going to the proper home!

Shawn

5. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    You are right Shawn, I am absolutely thrilled! It has always been my argument that original docs belong to a car, not replicas or some such things. Now, I can have the Italian plates made with the proper numbers. Funny thing, the two first Sicilian owners, are both of a questionable past.
    I will post more, but first I have to light some incense inside Dino to cleanse it out :)...

As an aside, there are so many warranty cards out there that do not belong to the car(s), and it is a shame. It is almost as you having a birth certificate that belongs to someone else.

This, is the first time I was able to determine a small percentage of my car's history, and if now, someone is able to tell me how to find out what happened to 01104, after it left Italy through the Brenner Pass into Austria, I will be deepening my quest.

Regards, Alberto

6. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Alberto,

First off, great for you to get those documents and second to Matthias to getting them to you! On my Dino, I began by giving Adolfo Orsi my chassis number. He went to Club Italia and found the original registration to the first owner which also gave the information to the next and the next. Marcel Massini was able to get me copies of all the original handwritten registrations through Club Italia. This was done for a fee. I would contact Marcel Massini to see what he could do for you with what you now have. At least now you have the beginning of the trail and you know it ends with you. You now only need to fill in the middle!

Good Luck!
    Freeman

7. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #7 swift53, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Alberto,

Doesn't get much better than that in Dinoland!

Freeman

9. champtc

champtc Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Alberto
    Very cool....the mystery begins to unravel! Bravo

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Amazing chain of custody travels, does it get any more fun than this!?!

11. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    A funny issue, is that the booklet provides 32 years for registration renewal.
    Good Italian wishful thinking...and yes, this is the most important document I have as to the Dino identity.
    I still cannot believe, anyone would even bother to keep something like this around, and Matthias sleuthing is amazing, and realizing the connection. Wow!

I am keeping my fingers crossed on the missing links.

By the way, the second owner in Sicily, also had a few peccadilloes of his own with the law.

Regards, Alberto