Front Batchboard rubber seal | FerrariChat

Front Batchboard rubber seal

Discussion in '206/246' started by simonc, Feb 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    #1 simonc, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Does anyone have a good photo of the rubber seal that should run along the bottom of the front batchboard (see photo), or a sketch of the profile section of the seal. I'm looking for a supplier and can't describe it as I don't know what it looks like up close as I have lost mine during the refurbishment.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #2 isuk, Feb 27, 2015
  3. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Which is the same material along the top of the spare tire tub front wall

4. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Thanks you for the fasts replies but I am not sure that this is correct. As I recall this was very similar to the SP1 profile but it was slightly smaller and less chunky and was rubber rather than foam.

My car is a late series E and so I don't think SP1 is even correct for the top of the spare tyre hub either as this should be more like a rubber door seal with a lip.

I may be wrong on both counts so I would welcome input from others to see what they have in these places.

5. dman550

dman550 Karting

Dec 17, 2012
    White Rock BC
    Full Name:
    Dario
    Just confirming this is the same foam rubber I have on my original batchboard.

Dario

6. pk246gt

pk246gt Karting

Apr 4, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #6 pk246gt, Feb 27, 2015
    Hey Simon.

I had been led to believe that sp1 was used on top of the front 'board' and rear-boot top edge - at least on the early E's.

my understanding is that bottom seal for the front board is per the image below, and thats what I replaced mine with (however I couldn't find this exact one and ended up using a seal which looked very close available from our local rubber extrusion shop).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login