Towing a Dino | FerrariChat

Towing a Dino

Discussion in '206/246' started by abstamaria, Mar 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    If for any reason (heaven forbid), one had to tow or even winch a Dino up a flatbed truck, where would one attach the tow line?

I know Superformance sells a tow attachment that uses the bumper bracket bolts, but that isn't meant to be installed permanently and is hard to install.

Many thanks,

Andy

2. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #2 abstamaria, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is the towing device I bought, I believe, from Superformance many years ago. I am not quite sure how it works (I should ask them), or whether it is the best solution. I would hate to have to install it by the road some dark, rainy night.

Andy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Andy,

The times I have had a Dino loaded onto a tow truck, I used nothing like this.

Every time, the tow driver (and I use some one who knows what they are doing) uses straps and hooks. The thread them through the front suspension. It is pretty simple and straight forward.

However, I also admit in Houston, this might be easier to find someone than other areas....

Where would you bolt this devise into?

Shawn

4. rosso dino

rosso dino Karting

Mar 5, 2009
    Hi Shawn,

you have to weld the black bracket onto the frame. Then you can screw on the yellow eyelet in case of need.

Advantage: distance between tow rope and front skirt
    Disadvantage: you have to weld on something

Götz

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #5 synchro, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The trick is to find a way that won't cause any tow line to rub on the bodywork.

Cannonball Jack broke his clutch cable in remote Enumclaw, WA (aka BFE) and rolled into the parking lot of the town's only bar.
    While waiting for the flatbed to arrive he found that buying a few rounds for the locals would lift their spirits to push the Dino upon the tilted bed.