Can you help - small bolt needed | FerrariChat

Can you help - small bolt needed

Discussion in '206/246' started by simonc, Mar 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    #1 simonc, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I need a small bolt that holds the heater cable to the dashboard control lever. It is a small partially threaded bolt with a hole cross-drilled through the shank - I have highlighted where it fits in the attached photo. I have tried drilling a normal bolt but clearly this is beyond my skills as I have broken three drills so far, so I thought I'd ask on here if anyone has a spare one they could send me. I'd be happy to pay the P&P costs, of course.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I think the PN is 20090609. It was used in many cars and I would not expect it to be expensive.

3. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I will have a rummage around Simon, I broke a few assembling them as well. Fear of the wire slipping causes overtightening.

Remind what size bolt they are and length and I should be able to make one if I cannot find the spares I made.

tony

4. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    Its usually quite easy to drill the bolt as long as you put the nut (or two nuts locked) on first and then drill through the lot...I do it often with aircraft High tensile bolts...

5. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    TONYL has saved the day by sending me a suitable bolt in the post. Thanks Tony.