carb mismatch? 246 GT | FerrariChat

carb mismatch? 246 GT

Discussion in '206/246' started by snowsports1, Mar 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snowsports1

snowsports1 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2013
    UK
    Full Name:
    Brian
    hi I have noticed this morning that my microswitch carb has a different reference number 40 DCNF 20 8C my other two are 40 DCNF 13. Is this normal for the microswitch carb? Will this carb need different jetting to bring it in line with the 40 DCNF 13?, I was just about to order larger main and idle jets.

2. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #2 synchro, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just got mine back from Mike at Pierce Manifolds and prior to sending in he wanted to know which model I had; -13, -19 or -20 ? He said that it wasn't just jetting but the number of holes too. Perhaps give him a call at (408) 842-6667

Humorous anecdote - I was having difficulty finding the carb dash numbers. They were heavily oiled and caked with gunk so I mostly avoided that task but Mike wanted to know the carb dash numbers before sending in to make sure he was ready. I kept telling Mike "it is a -26" which was driving him crazy because that wasn't a valid number. Excavating a bit more revealed them as -19s.

When Pierce returned them clean and legible all three on 05702 are -19s with the "2 G" my misread number.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login