Trade my pics of 206SP for old price info | FerrariChat

Trade my pics of 206SP for old price info

Discussion in '206/246' started by bitzman, Mar 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I am going through what's left of my color slides (remember slides?) after many moves
    and ran across several nice shots of 206SP cars. I am willing to print up some glossy color 8" x 10"s and send them to the first respondent who can remember (perhaps from FOC newsletters or Competition Press ads) a couple of the various prices 002 was offered for (not counting the prices named here) before it became a concours car/and or race car. I'm only interested in this period, not modern day through-the-roof prices. I'll print up 3 to four prints, may be different cars, shot at Monterey, various events I attended in last 30 years. Not for publication tho just for those who love the Dino and want a print for their wall.

One question I have is when Merle Brennan had it, did he plan to run it with the Ferrari engine or some damn Porsche engine or American V8? Did he ever finish it and run it?

70 - Bally Manufacturing, USA
    - raced by Merle Brennan
    - the roof was cut
    70 - back to Bill Harrah
    70/jun - Tom Carpenter, USA
    70/jul - engine to Chinetti
    71/mar - Steven V. Mitchell, Norwalk, CT, USA without engine $1.500.-
    71 - co-owned with Tony Mistretta, USA
    71/oct - Ed Niles, L.A., CA, USA for $ 3500.- without engine
    engine back from Chinetti for $ 2000
    74 - Dick Pessin, USA
    76/mar - Bill Schanbacher, L.A., CA, USA
    78/jan - Bill Schworer, San Mateo, CA, USA

2. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Hi - i just came across this thread that has been sitting dormant for some time. I would love to see your old pics of 002. My name is Spencer and Bill Schworer dated my mom for nearly a decade - he taught me how to drive stick and I used to be the pit crew on the dino. I now have a 308 GT4. I remember the day we parted with the little dino - i was probably like 10 - 12 years old and it was in the early '90's. We sold the car either to or through Fantasy Junction. It was the largest check I have ever held and I think it was either $700K or $750k.

I knew Bill Schanbacher, too. The Bills were good friends and we used to go from the Bay to LA for holiday dinners and visits, etc. Bill Schanbacher lost his life in an unfortunate accident participating in the Mille Miglia. He was a nice guy.

The car was a big part of my youth. I do not know where it is now. I still look up old pics every now and then.

Regards,
    Spencer