emergenza coil | FerrariChat

emergenza coil

Discussion in '206/246' started by mar3kl, Mar 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What kind of sticker did the gold-cad emergenza BZR201A coils have? I've seen black and white photos where it's not possible to tell, plus color photos of labels that are silver with black lettering, or gold with blue lettering. I thought the latter was only on the earlier black coils, but Parker Hall's catalog makes a passing reference to gold-cad Daytona coils with a gold/blue sticker that he reproduces. Much confusion...

2. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
  3. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #3 alhbln, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Are you the gold cad plated is a BZR201A? I've only seen the BZR201R in gold cad plated so far. The BZR201A supplied with the Dino per factory i've seen were matte black with a gold sticker.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's a later BZR201A, gold cad instead of black, which I believe happened in late 1972. The only photos I've seen anywhere are of the black ones, which have gold/blue stickers. Parker Hall sells those, but I don't know if they are correct for a gold-cad coil, since I've never seen photos of one.

5. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    it`s a silver/blue sticker on the gold cad BZR201A, see page 226 Dino Compendium.....

6. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was wondering about that, but I've never seen one for sale. I've only seen Parker Hall's Gold/Blue and various reproduction Silver/Black stickers. I wonder if the silver could simply be faded gold or tricks of lighting :)

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #7 synchro, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    How would one go about restoring a coil such as the one on the right? Looks to me like the body was galvanized steel? Or ...