PR Products | FerrariChat

PR Products

Discussion in '206/246' started by omgjon, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I have never made a complaint about any business on this site. I feel this is warranted and just because it's a small amount doesn't make it any better. I have ordered from Janine at PR Products on numerous occasions. The service was not the best but I eventually got my order. I made 2 orders last December and then in January each for a little over $300 paid in advance. I made my usual calls asking about my orders and I heard they were coming. Well they never came after countless wasted emails and unanswered messages left. I finally got a message.
    Jeanine says she has been banned from her own company and her husband Brian Hoyt took all the money an closed the account and so I could basically pound sand. What a great way to run a business!!!!!

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    My understanding about British law is that you are dealing with the "company" not the individual.

3. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Don't waast your time. Write it off, you won't get any money.
    She has owed me $355 for non delivery for 2 years.
    More BS and excuses you cannot imagine.

4. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thanks Jon, sad to hear as they make some parts which are really tough to find.

5. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    I had problems dealing with them too about a year ago and decided to cancel my order and never contacted them again....
    Luckily I didn`t pay them.....

6. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    It's nice that Brian Hoyt is a standup guy. He is taking care of me and sending me a refund out of his own pocket. It is obvious Jeanine has been lying for some time now.

7. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    From my experiences, I had problems when trying to get stuff from my Ellena.

Brian and Jeanine were married.

I spoke to her on the phone quite a bit and everything was always pleasant and nice. I never got my items. I sent stuff twice. I also had major issues with our local post office and stuff being stolen. To the point the Post Master General issued a letter as to correct credit reporting issues.

I always chalked up the issues due to this and not an issues with Jeanine. I have no idea what was the situation.

Are they still together? I was under the impression Brian had his own stuff and Jeanine was an artsy type and did their stuff on the side, once Mike Dunn was no longer able.

Even though my stuff never worked out, I have never been able to figure out the reason.

Shawn

8. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Same here. Promised many, many times product was sent. She initially sent me bumper overider rubers for a 250 instead of 330 . I returned them and explained difference. Finally I was promised refund check again and again but absolutely nothing. She still owes me $355 and I have NOTHING.
    The shame of it is that the late Mike Dunn was a stand up guy, very clever and Ferrari enthusist who I did quite some business with and his old business now seems wasted.

9. Fpayntr

Fpayntr Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2008
    Hi guys, this is Brian

I'm sorry for all these problems. Her business is and always has been separate from mine. They only operate under the same roof. I've never had any part in the management of PR Products. I was completely unaware of how she was treating her customers until she left me and tried to make this my problem. I have several people ask me for parts and refunds. I have no access to her records at all. Her claims of being banned from her business are completely untrue. I have asked her several times to come and complete her orders and do the right thing by her customers. I had no response from her. I have since moved all of her molds and equipment to my home and set it all up for her in the garage. I have even offered to help her. She can make parts and complete orders if she chooses to. That being said I will try and honor grievances as much as i can. Howard, if you can send me some documentation I will help you as well. I have been restoring award winning Ferraris for 30 years now and MY reputation is of upmost importance. Thank you for your understanding and again I am sorry for the way things happened

Brian

10. earthandsea

earthandsea Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    SF bay area
    Jeannine Hoyt had been very pleasant in the past. I placed an order and paid in full in advance as requested. When I inquired about the order months later, she denied having received the payment (Paypal documented), so a second payment was sent (bank check). I planned to sort it out once the ordered items were received. Eventually, some, but not all, of the ordered items were received. She continued to deny ever having received the first payment. The total for me is (-) $703.00. I am hoping to receive either a refund or Ferrari parts of some kind. $703 would be a big loss for me. Brian runs a highly successful Ferrari restoration business (body and interior) with many award winning restorations to his credit, and an impressive personal Ferrari collection as well.

11. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Having known Brian for over 12 years I can say he is an honest and fair person. If you are having issues with PR products I am sure Brian will make things right, just like the cars that get restored in his shop. Please just give him some time to sort things out.

12. PRProducts

PRProducts Guest

May 28, 2015
    I am really sorry to have to post this. Brian's response to this made me laugh. I asked for a divorce in Feb. Brian had been extremely hostile towards me (understandable) but banned me from going to the shop. Brian had everything to do with my business the checking account was in his name (I was a signer) He did 85% of the finishing on all my products. All of these orders were sitting on my counter and only needed for Brian to put them on the lathe and do the finishing and he refused. I had some things from David Carte to ship to some of you and he shipped them back. His employee tried to help me and I tried to get Brian to sign paperwork to sell the business to that employee. Brian refused him and because of Brian's hostility towards him and his refusal to sign the contract after 18 years of being Brian's right hand man he quit without having another job. Just 2 weeks ago I was on the property, I got hugs and love and told how different it was that it was down there without me. I had just left marriage counseling because Brian and I were trying work things out. I had an altercation with Mike he left the property and I sat and waited for Brian for an hour and a half in my car. Brian showed up with 2 cops and threatened me with a restraining order. Since then all talk of possible reconciliation has been terminated by me. Brian did not give you the money out of his own pocket. He took it out of the $5000 that I paypaled him on Jan 14th and asked through my lawyer for him to return so I could pay back anybody I owed money to.

Brian Hoyt
    Payment
    Loading transaction details for
    Brian Hoyt
    -negative $5,000.00 USD
    brian hoyt
    JAN
    My apologies to anybody affected by this. I am not sure what is going to happen to the business it's being resolved in my divorce.

PS Good luck to Rex on the 275Gtb that was pulled out of Brian shop.

Sincerely

Jeannine Hoyt

13. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    These threads never end well.
    Perhaps it should be closed now before (more) damage is done.

14. Ken Ivey

Ken Ivey Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    Full Name:
    Ken Ivey