Coppola Twin Spark Engine | FerrariChat

Coppola Twin Spark Engine

Discussion in '206/246' started by alhbln, Apr 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
  2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Adrian, saw many of these "twin sparkplug" heads in Padova, many conversions, few purportedly real (?)
    Of course, no one could supply with a bonafide interpretation as to the origins, only the 'cool factor'.

I assume the benefits are questionable, as with the hemispherical combustion chambers,
    a la Alfa Romeo GTA, better gains were achieved in modern times with the single plug version.

With the 'Twinspark' version of the heads installed in the modern Alfas, benefits were achieved with a totally redesigned combustion chamber, as such, transferred into the piston
    head.

Question is, are there gains with this motor? Buying a locked up engine is a very iffy proposition, with contents being a big question mark, more so when the geographical distance is factored in.

The seller is in Napoli, not exactly the motor capital of Italy.

Just for fun, I sent an email and will post back if he replies.

Regards, Alberto

3. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    It's the pizza capital of Italy

4. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I recall this motor for sale years ago and I think I may have discussed it here. I contacted the seller via email but never a response. I am really curious about it.

Freeman