Touring Pack | FerrariChat

Touring Pack

Discussion in '206/246' started by Salmon&permit, May 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Salmon&permit

Salmon&permit Karting

Apr 6, 2012
    London, UK
    I have a longish trip planned in a month's time - London upto and around the west coast of Scotland. I've done a few 3/400 mile round trips, but this will be the longest to date. So far, no problems and she's run true and smooth. However, far away from home and help, I was wondering if those who regularly do long trips carry a few key spare parts / fuses etc? A sort of 'just in case' bag of emergency parts. Or do I just not worry and get on with it - no good reason why anything should go wrong!

Assuming all goes to plan, hoping to post some scenic pictures of the glens....hopefully in the sunshine!

2. Dino Club Germany

Dino Club Germany Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2008
    Germany
    Full Name:
    N. Schumacher
    I have on longer trips with me:
    -Distributor cap
    -Distributor rotor
    -Condensator
    -belt (from water pump and Generator)
    -spark plug
    -Engine oil
    -fuses
    -Relais
    -Bulbs 12V H1, 21W,

3. ghenne

ghenne Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I've done a number of long trips. The only thing I have ever needed was the 60 amp main engine fuse (on the firewall). Good thing I had one!

4. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Jacket, walking boots and hip flask... in case you plan to break down near Glenfiddich, or...

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #5 synchro, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great list!
    I also carry:
    - a new alternator and wiring
    - accelerator cable
    - Hose clamps

and it all fits into a small Marelli box that slips into the right rear trunk space behind the ingition + coils
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    I would add a clutch cable to the list to be sure

7. Salmon&permit

Salmon&permit Karting

Apr 6, 2012
    London, UK
    Guys - that's really helpful. Hopefully just gives peace of mind and won't be touched.....but if something decides to choose this particular trip to expire, then some of these things would mean a quick turnaround, and not a prolonged delay.....nothing like having a tiny and cheap, but hard to source fuse or lead bringing the whole trip to a grinding halt. Many thanks.