Wiring route to rear number plate light | FerrariChat

Wiring route to rear number plate light

Discussion in '206/246' started by yakxx21, May 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    Should this wire really be exposed within the boot lid and just stuck up with ' sticky stuff ' or should it be routed some other way. ?

Seems rather Heath Robinson !

Thanks

2. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    So. It seems there shouldn't be any wire at all ???
    It seems I should have a contact on the lid ...??

3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    if you have the number plate light in lid, yes you should have a contact, no wire into the lid

4. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    What I have in the LID is a tubular extention that looks like it should hold a little switch...and right now somebody has in previous times connected a loose wire via that little switch to the number plate light in the lid.... so now Im not sure what I want ??....

5. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    I wonder if somebody could help me out. My boot lid has a conical extension that looks like a mini switch should be in place but other posts say I should have a power connection ... So I'm still unsure if I should have a power connector or a little switch and 12v from a floating wire
    Appreciate input
    Thanks

6. Ken Ivey

Ken Ivey Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    Full Name:
    Ken Ivey
    I consider the wiring to be rather counter-intuitive. Yes, you attach a spring loaded contact point on the batch-board. Leaving a live – bare power source when the driving lights are on. In the vertical tube on the boot lid is where the power pickup is located. I don’t know what the original looked like. So, I fabricated my own, insulating the contact point from the boot lid. I then lead a wire from that contact point to the light unit. It works and looks something like the original – I believe.

7. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    Thanks ... Now I understand. Will do same

Ken