Flasher qyuestion | FerrariChat

Flasher qyuestion

Discussion in '206/246' started by yakxx21, May 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    I note on the wiring diagram there is a Flasher unit (18) and an emegency flasher unit (52) ..

Im confused which is which and where are they and what does the emergency one do ....

all I seem to have is one flasher unit on the relay board...

can somebody advise if the one on the relay board is the prime flasher unit or emergency and where is the second one ???

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    It is important to note that depending on the series of your car and where in the world it was delivered that some cars have emergency flashers and others do not. The wiring diagram is little more than a guide and should not be treated as gospel.

3. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    That would make sense ... I cannot find the so called emergency flasher unit and see only one flasher located on the relay board .... AND it's not as per the wiring diagram .... Not easy these Dinos !!!

4. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    OK...my indicators dont work...and I seem to have two conflicting wiring diagrams which is throwing me..( the colour oneoff this site and the black and white original...they aintthe same ) ..it seems that the power to the centre indicator column lever comes through two grey and black wires which themselves connect via the hasard switch and then onto the + line via the Flasher unit.....but I cannot find the flasher unit....I can only find a Hazard flasher unit which is on the main board which actually goes via a purple wire to the main hazard switch....

My question is IF this flasher unit Im looking the Hazard flasher .....where the hell is the main L/R indicator flasher unit.....

OR am up barking totally up the wrong tree...

any budding electricians out there....???

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Silver cylindrical can inside dash to the left and above the steering column on my E series.

6. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    Thanks. That's solved my mystery .... The renovators hadn't bothered to put it back ....you get what you pay for

7. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    Flasher unit again ... It seems to be a simple 2 pin 12 volt unit readily available ... But I cannot read the part number or wattage required
    Could somebody pls advise the part number of original or a modern equivalent ?