DINO 208 GT4 - fuel pump | FerrariChat

DINO 208 GT4 - fuel pump

Discussion in '206/246' started by ZetaZeroSei, Jun 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZetaZeroSei

ZetaZeroSei Rookie

Jun 15, 2015
    Hi everybody,

I'm new here, I'm from Rome and I'm fixing a DINO 208 GT4. Among all the existing problems I need a new fuel pump since the one that is installed is not original and it doesn't work very well. As far as I understood I need a 12v 7.0 psi pump, looking on Internet I found this one:

Ferrari 208/308 GT4: Carburetors & Fuel Supply: Fuel Pumps & more: Fuel pump FACET

do you know if this is the original one? Even if it is not the orignal it seems to be ok for my car, do you know it or do you have any other suggestion?

thank you!

2. ZetaZeroSei

ZetaZeroSei Rookie

Jun 15, 2015
    I think I post it in the wrong section of the Forum since I have a GT4, sorry!

3. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Not a good choice for the GT4, fuel pressure is too high, the rotor design can accelerate bubble creation in hot fuel and the pump is quite noisy. Recommend to buy a Hardi or Mitsuba pump instead.

4. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    Perhaps not perfect and not oem but the facet it will do the job, is reliable, cheap and available. I have one installed and have had no problems, and the I actually like the loud ticking at the start. If I had many problems to sort (been there) I'd throw on of these on with fresh hoses and work on the other problems (oops, I mean challenges). I think a fuel pressure regulator can sort out any pressure differences (although I didnt install one).

Does anyone do rebuild kits for the original pumps?