Heating Ducts | FerrariChat

Heating Ducts

Discussion in '206/246' started by yakxx21, Jul 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    Most of my heating/Blower ducts needed replacing so I ordered a few metres from Superformance..(8cm) ..what a nightmareor is it just me....either one has to squeese pull and bend , when of course they just break....or the wiper motor eats into it once its running or the heater conrol does the same.....but what has really thrown me is just what the duct should look like that connects the 8cm heater blower output to the 5.5 ducting input that follows through into the car....also is will have to bend almost back on itself....and cant rotrude much because of the wheel arch panel that fits over it.....

can anybody tell me how to do it....8cm to 5.5cm at an angle of about 160deg......or a pic

thanks

2. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #2 synchro, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Got a photo? Several of your posts ask questions and a photo really helps to understand your specific. I'm scratching my head where yours fit in "that connects the 8cm heater blower output to the 5.5 ducting" is? There is no vent hose with different sized ends and none of mine that far upstream are 55mm. The step down on my E series 05702 comes inside the union with the diverter flap but that is well downstream from the heater blower you refer to.

Perhaps you have a different version than my Dino but I'll take a guess that you're talking about the passenger side ventilation hose that spans between the diverter/heater valve and the dash. This 55mm vent hose has a tricky curved profile to avoid the contact you mentioned. Here are photos from 05702, Feb '73 production
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    #3 yakxx21, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for your pics and yes I really need to learn how to upload pics....and to this end Im going to try at the end of this reply to include a couple of pice, one showing the heater flap connection to the right knee position in car vent and the other showing the 5.5cm box connection in the starboard wheel arch.

a couple of things jump out immediately....1. The 8cm duct Superformance send me fit externally all the connections where as your pics clearly shows to fit internally....Od !

I should point out this is a right hand drive model 73. From your pic I note that the heater flap fork uses the left fork to supply the windscreen vent....on mine that outlet goes to the starboard lower in car vent..(my right knee) ...that right knee vent has a 5.5cm connection that somehow has to couple up with a 8cm forked /flap outlet....

thats where im confused....within the wheel arch one has the metal box tube going into the car lower vent....which is 5.5cm....it then has to couple with the 8cm connection you show in your pic (the one with the tube in it)

Im sure now I have confused one and all totally....even myself....I will try and ad a pic..

thanks a lot

4. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks for the close ups and clarifying this is a RH car.
    The hose goes over the outside of the male section but once you attempt then fray the edges it makes the succesive times more difficult. Make sure every edge of the vent hose has frayed section combed outward allowing you to slip over the metal edge without doubling over. Use a nylon tool or carefully use a pick to chase the edges as you mount it.

This is definitely a tougher task than it appears and once the edges are compromised it takes extra effort

5. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    Thanks for your reply....but Im still stumped how to connect the big 8cm outlet of the heater box to the 5.5cm input of the car duct system....had anybody taken a peep under the inspection cover to see how its done.....on a RHD car and on the drivers side...?? I have now rigged up a botchy stepped systembut not really happy with it...would love to know how it was don originally...
    thanks