Stolen 246 GT | FerrariChat

Stolen 246 GT

Discussion in '206/246' started by Telaio, Jul 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    Can all Fchatters please watch out for the following Ferrari Dino 246GT which was recently stolen in the south of England, the car is somewhat unique in that we fitted air conditioning to it some years ago, many thanks Kev. [email protected]

Reg: NHC 680L

Chassis: 06212

Engine: 06212

RHD, red, black interior, fitted with air-con.

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Exact date of theft?
    Where from?
    Photo?

Marcel Massini

3. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Wouldn't it be extremely unusual for the engine and VIN numbers to be the same for a Dino? Did you actually see that engine no.?

4. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    can you please provide the correct engine no. (#6212 isn`t correct)
    also helpful would be body and gearbox no. in case parts of this Dino will be on offer....

5. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Is the original poster the same O'Rourke that makes the vinyl floor and foot pads for Dinos?

6. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    Please be advised that the correct engine number for this stolen Ferrari Dino is 0010932.

This car is somewhat unique in that we Mototechnique Ltd converted it to air conditioning some years ago using a small Japanese rotary compressor which sits below the engine and the passenger foot well is different to accommodate the air outlets, also it has a large radiator and F40 style fans fitted. Sorry I don't have a gearbox number please help to re-unite this beautiful car with it's owner.

7. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    No, that is my son Robert also known as Rorky who after training with us for 15 years now has his own business consistently turning out 1st class Ferrari interiors , check out his web site, you will find a great welcome Welcome. Please visit our shop, above left. - O'Rourke CoachTrimmers

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Those interiors are indeed beautiful!

Good luck in your recovery efforts. Surely the car has not travelled far, and gone into hiding???

9. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm so sad, this awful. My prayers for a safe recovery and then a slow, painful death to the thief

10. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Dear Lord, hopefully it isn't headed to Japan.

11. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Yes it is the same guy and last I heard he had some left if you need a set, excellent repros from what I am told.

I am surprised somebody stole the car as any idiot with 2 brain cells would realise it would be near impossible to sell even if it was broken into spares.

12. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

No, it is NOT the same guy. See Post #7 above. The OP, Telaio (Kevin O'Rourke), is the FATHER of Robert "Rorky" O'Rourke, of O'Rourke Coach Trimmers fame, which I didn't know until I saw Post #7.

13. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Any update on this case? I assume it's still missing without a trace? So sad.

14. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Still makes excellent repro's though but then you don't fit repro items on your car, do you?