Front Ventilation ducts? | FerrariChat

Front Ventilation ducts?

Discussion in '206/246' started by npwmd2, Nov 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. npwmd2

npwmd2 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Does anyone have a trick to installing the ventilation hose on the front passenger fan without ruining it?

2. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    It seems to depend on the type of duct ... Mine came from the uk and the only way I could fit it was to just keep massaging it to fit until it did but it still would foul the windscreen motor arm .... I then gently pressed it down at that point until it was quite compressed and then added some reinforcement and glue to keep that compressed state ...it's very hard but can be done

3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Is the problem the interference of the fan casing edge where the hose slips over
    or
    the fact the hose must make a very tight 90 degree bend?

I used the DinoParts corrugated hose and had no fit problems on teh edges so I'll bet you mean the latter as I had the same problem. Funny though, I found the Driver's side 90 degree bend to be a harder task than the poassenger's side - a much tighter bend. Anyhow, Try fastening the hose before you completely mount the fan or ventilation block. If needed, loosely spin one fastener.
    Sounds completely backward but so many tasks are like that on the Dino.

4. npwmd2

npwmd2 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Correct the 90 rev was very hard I ended up ruining the whole duct. The duct is 80 mm from Newco out of paper. How do you make the 90. I put the duct through the hole towards the winshield then tried to do the 90 no go help