Ferrari 246 Dino front light covers | FerrariChat

Ferrari 246 Dino front light covers

Discussion in '206/246' started by Member, Jan 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Member

Member Karting

Jan 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Question: why some 246 Dinos have on the front lights the covers and some dont have it?Which ones are more interested for collectors? Whit light covers or without light cover?
    Many thanks.
    Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

2. Pantdino4

Pantdino4 Karting

Sep 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim Oddie
    The covers were illegal in most countries because they scattered the headlight beams all over and in unpredictable ways. What dealer installations took place was mainly in the UK, from what I have read on this forum.

Because Dinos were hand made there is no such thing as a bolt-on, ready to go headlight cover. You have to spend hours grinding off little bits until it fits your particular body.

Personally I could never bring myself to drill the holes necessary to mount them and since the car is drop-dead beautiful without them, I have never considered it.

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    The Dino was originally designed to have the headlight covers.

I am not altering a Dino for this, but it looks super cool.

Unfortunately, the 275 has a design that allows for a chrome bezel. The Dino doesn't.

Unless the car already has them, I wouldn't fit them in today's world.

Shawn