M series inner sills | FerrariChat

M series inner sills

Discussion in '206/246' started by jvj, Jan 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jvj

jvj Rookie

Sep 18, 2009
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Vince
    #1 jvj, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We're doing the inner sills on #01616GT. Anyone know if these 2 straight folds are correct or is the profile a gentle curve to the floor on M series cars? Many thanks for any advice.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    The sills as you have them are perfectly correct. The folds give stiffness to the sill which is why they are there. It is next to impossible to note this detail once the car is finished because the sills receive a thin layer of foam and are then covered in leather or Dino vinyl (depending on the trimming spec for the car). The thickness of the two materials on top of the steel sill will give the illusion of a gentle curve which is why you cannot judge the correct shape of the sill by looking at the photos of finished cars.

3. jvj

jvj Rookie

Sep 18, 2009
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Thank you Rob, I knew I could rely on you!
    I was hoping they were original (sure look it underneath) but also look like they've been off at some time. New foam and the original nero vinyl will go back on.
    Hope that snow storm didn't get to you and best wishes for more fun times with #01464 soon.
    Many thanks again,
    Vince