Anyone have a Blu Chiaro Met. sprayout? | FerrariChat

Anyone have a Blu Chiaro Met. sprayout?

Discussion in '206/246' started by cls, May 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I need to get the correct color for my 246. It was originally Blu Chiaro Metallizzato, 106 A38. Does anyone have a sprayout or Salchi sample that I could use to match?

2. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    Chris, did you ever have any luck with this? I'm starting down this same road... :)

Rgds,

Mark Jacks
    Austin, TX

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I did. I had a lot of original paint on the car (door tops, behind trim and rubber, etc) and was able to get a near perfect match. I can have the body shop spray out a card if you'd like.

4. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    #4 NoGoSlow, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow, thanks Chris! I'd love to take you up on your offer. I did a similar exercise by pulling color from the backside of my headlamp assemblies. As you can see from the photo below, I *think* I am close... the 330 and Daytona are examples I found for reference.

My concern is that the samples look darker and almost dull when out of the sunlight. I have also been using A. Leventhal's photos as a reference but they appear to be shot in full sunlight and set in a field of green grass. They appear much brighter than my samples so I have worried that I didn't get it right. Unfortunately I can't get Alex to return my emails and messages asking assistance.

Let me know how I can take you up on your offer... my phone is 512-507-1310, or you can email NoGoSlow at JacksFamily dot ORG.

Best regards,

Mark Jacks
    Austin, Texas
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #5 cls, Jul 2, 2017
    It looks close. I will see if I can get a spray out this week. I also should be able to get the formula they used. On mine, it was very difficult to tell the difference when they test sprayed some areas adjacent to original paint.

6. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    #6 NoGoSlow, Jul 2, 2017
  7. DustyM

DustyM Karting

Jun 7, 2011
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Jon Miller
    #7 DustyM, Jul 9, 2017
    I'm also going down this road. My 308 GT4 was 106-A-38.

I've got quite a lot of paint behind trim and in the back of the headlights etc but none that is nice and shiny or on particularly smooth surfaces.

I was in the UK last weekend and called to see the Daytona in your pictures in person and took a few more shots.

Trouble is none of these are a reliable guide when viewed on a computer.

If either of you have paint formulations it would be great if you could share them.

I also have more pictures I took of that 250 at Goodwood

Cheers
    Jon

8. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can get the formula for mine, but your painter will have to use the same brand paint. Because my car was painted in California, you never know if our low VOC paint will be available elsewhere.

I'm sure my paint is a near perfect match for my car, but that doesn't necessarily mean a perfect factory match. Meaning, my paint may have aged or faded before we matched. That said, I have a car that was altered once poorly, then rarely driven, so much of my car is original and in surprisingly good condition.

9. DustyM

DustyM Karting

Jun 7, 2011
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Jon Miller
    I hear what you are saying, and yes our paints here are different, I will probably get away with a solvent based paint. However all the data we can get on the colour will help.

Cheers
    Jon