Notorious Heater Valve Question | FerrariChat

Notorious Heater Valve Question

Discussion in '206/246' started by FDino246GTS, Jul 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FDino246GTS

FDino246GTS Rookie

Nov 26, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    James S.
    G'day all

so has anyone been able to pull this thing apart to fix and have any pics?
    I've found numerous threads discussing how rubbish these are and my father advised he never used it unless it was the middle of winter and you didn't mind it being stuck on for good thereafter.
    Have also found how the Fiat 850/1100 can be used as well as sourced a reasonable parts supplier for a new one...
    That said... the part I have on hand aesthetically looks fine.... and whilst I've washed it, de-rusted with metal rescue and everything looks to be operational... it's tough to tell without opening it up.

Has anyone had any success doing so?

drive it hard
    James

2. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
  3. afer

afer Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    Uruguay, S. America
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Ferraro
    Hello James: like Peter I open the valve, clean and lubricate all the parts and is working great. It's not a difficult work. Regards, Alvaro

4. FDino246GTS

FDino246GTS Rookie

Nov 26, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    James S.
    #4 FDino246GTS, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for your response Peter - I just went through your thread from end to end. Am absolutely amazed at your dedication and workmanship! That is truly inspirational stuff right there and I'm literally gob-smacked.... I would love to possess similar talents to yourself!

I didn't realise there were different heater valves dependent on model until post your reply... the one I'm trying to tinker with looks like the following:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login