Brexit and Dino prices | FerrariChat

Brexit and Dino prices

Discussion in '206/246' started by yakxx21, Jul 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    I think the day has come ... We can expect a big drop in prices ... A good Dino will soon be available for £150k .... What do you think ? I think I'm probably close to the truth...I'm hope I'm wrong .....

2. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Sorry dumb question, with the pound going down doesn't the price in pounds go up?
    Or are you sayign that RHD drive dinos that are mostly in the UK will drop in price because of recession fears etc?

3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    long-term RHD Dinos should rise because the UK will be better off without the EU...
    I`m more worried about the Italian banks.....
    :)

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Bad world economy can do weird **** to collector prices. Sometimes people flee to them, other times, if squished for cash, they bail for whatever they can quickly recover.

I don't see BREXIT as that kind of situation. I do see the overall slowdown of world economies as a bigger risk. At least this time most folks have not (I'm assuming) financed their big ticket collector items, making it easier to hang on until the market rises again.

Having said all that, I can't imagine there being anything less than a 10-15% correction in prices in the next 12-24 months.

D

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    brexit cld cause prices to go up - i wld argue the UK was being held back by the EU

6. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    My original post really just stimulate thought and discussion ....having seen my Dino go from 100k to 30k during the early 90s I do see a correction after Brexit with a few owners deciding to sell now ... Whilst still on top ...
    For me .... No I'm not selling , having paid ten grand for mine ... I can't really go wrong .... But that was in 79

7. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    Yes. The latter

8. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    So long as interest rates on your savings are negative (after tax deduction and inflation) then tangible assets are going to be attractive.

Who would trust the banks, I am happy for my car to sit in the garage so I can see it, use it and polish it.

As for prices dropping, I don't see it happening. Small corrections but long term the dino will continue to rise. If you brought to make a profit then you may be disappointed short term.

As for Brexit having a effect......never, only the banks want you to be nervous about it as they haven't got your cash!!

Tony

10. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    If importation to the UK will be more expensive because of BREXIT, prices of Dinos already in the UK should go up.

Andres
    Observing from an island in the Pacific

11. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    As someone who recently paid, ahem, bit more than that (!) for mine, I don't give a damn - I have the car of my dreams and that is worth every penny!

12. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Totally agree with Matthias,and others,RHD cars in UK will remain a positive investment,and as the effect of Brexit fades,The limited number of classic Fcars in UK will be sought after,as the country gains momentum in the global economy.