#01464 magazine article with pics. Hopefully this works | FerrariChat

#01464 magazine article with pics. Hopefully this works

Discussion in '206/246' started by Nuvolari, Aug 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    #1 Nuvolari, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Everyone

I am not sure what happened with my other two posts. In both instances I previewed the post before submitting the thread and it looked ok. But both times when the post went live it looked crazy. I sent Rob Lay a message and his reply was that sometime this happens but there appeared to be no solution in sight. Not to worry I re-edited all the pics and will write new text so hopefully it will all work.

Getting back to the original thread, Autostrada Forum magazine is a high end lifestyle magazine that is targeted to the automotive enthusiast. It was started by an F-Chatter and is printed in and mainly distributed in Canada. As a story of interest the editors asked me to write a piece on our Dino and it is accompanied by some wonderful photos taken at a local abandoned brick factory in Toronto. All photos are from Lucas Scarfone and as always it was a pleasure shooting with him.

Now for the pics:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    cool !!!
    I need that magazine, two copies please... where can I get it?

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Rob I had that issue for a while but never had a chance to read it. Nice surprise to read plus view those great pictures of your Dino. Thanks for the tip!

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    #4 Nuvolari, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To further the story this past weekend was the 'Italian Car Day' show on the outskirts of Toronto. The publishers of Autostrada asked me to bring the car out and display it next to their booth. It was a beautiful day and Dad was in town so we had a really nice time together and got to share the car with lots of local Italian car enthusiasts. We roamed around and looked at everything on display only to return to the Dino and find a big tri-coloured ribbon on it! Turns out we won BEST OF SHOW and were eventually called to drive up and accept the award. Dad was over the moon and it was really great to share the day with him. With all the fun to be had I just cannot understand why so many people just lock these cars up.

Here is a photo again courtesy of Lucas Scarfone (that guys lens is everywhere I tell you):

5. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
    You all certainly deserve the recognition and praise.
    Beautiful Dino!

6. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Congratulations!!!! They should have put the Dino on the cover!!!!

Freeman

7. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I thought the cover photo was hilarious. I'm sorry to say it, but it was as if the art director tried as hard as he/she could to make sure the cover had a stereotypical Lambo owner dressed in stereotypical Lambo owner clothes, all the while striking a stereotypical Lambo owner pose. All that is missing is an MS (from the Latin Messis Summa, meaning “best crop," or alternatively, morte sicura, that is, “certain death”) cigarette dangling from his mouth.

8. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Rob, Superb article and tribute! Congratulations! Fred

9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Thanks guys. The cover is always reserved for an individual who has an interesting story and is a member of the car community. I'm too boring for that so they went with someone else :)

As for the gentleman on the cover he is truly not one to be judged by his looks. While he does look like the stereotypical gold chain wearing Lambo owner in reality he is a very successful self-made car enthusiast who shares his cars through charity events of which he is deeply involved. Over the years his events have raised many millions of dollars and he is an important part of the car community in Canada. I guess you can never judge a book (or in this case a magazine) always by the cover.

10. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I still would have put the Dino on the cover. If you talk to any of the editors/art directors of any of the best car magazines, they will tell you red or yellow cars on the cover sell more magazines. 70% to 80% of R&T, C&D etc covers are red or yellow sports cars. Go to the news rack and check it out! In any case, a Dino on the cover is the reason to buy!

Freeman

11. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Any way to post a digital link to the article so that it can be read?

12. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

My point wasn't that I believed he really was a stereotypical Lambo owner, but that the art director for the magazine seems to have gone out of his/her way to make him APPEAR to be perceived as a "stereotypical Lambo owner."

Regardless though, the story about you and your Dino was great, and a well-deserved congratulations to you!

13. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Great article and great car. A spectacular restoration. You have every reason to be very proud.