Insurance value | FerrariChat

Insurance value

Discussion in '206/246' started by pshoejberg, Dec 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Hi all Dino owners. I know this is a subject that has been discussed before a year ago or so, but I need some qualified economic input. I am currently debating with my insurance company, what the current value is on my #0504, Dino 246 GT, early L-series, 4 owners car, completely restored with little spared. What is the current market value of such a car? I have tried looking at Haggerty but I do not think they differentiate between L-series and others. Any input is appreciated and I am difficult to offend.....-:)

Best regards

Peter

2. yakxx21

yakxx21 Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    I'm also a bit confused about costs
    I have my 73 246 insured for 200 k and hagarty charge 850 pounds
    I had other quotes at almost half that but I stay with hagarty because they are well known
    Why do other do in uk ??

3. Pantdino4

Pantdino4 Karting

Sep 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim Oddie
    #3 Pantdino4, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Yes, Hagarty charges a lot more than other companies. The quote I got for my car was also about twice what I've been paying for decades with Heacock.

They have to pay for all that advertising somehow, right?

Also, I think their valuations are too low.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1972-Ferrari-Dino_246_GT

Edit- my car is insured for $350K and the premium is about $1K

4. possum

possum Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    australia
    Full Name:
    johnno
    Can,t you get limited use policies,drive approx 12 times a year maybe possible.

5. PhatFrank

PhatFrank Karting

Nov 9, 2010
    Norway
    Peter, we are getting a valuation statement from a reputable UK dealer shortly for our insurance, I can send you a copy if you like. Very similar car.

6. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Very appreciated Frank! Most Danish insurance companies doesn't normally cover more than maximum 125K $ and the terms and cost are unbelievable, so I need to have as much documentation in place as possible to obtain a realistic coverage. I wish I could enter a deal with a UK based company since they seems much more reasonable, but I don't believe they deal with customers abroad and now with Brexit coming up chaos is total. I guess Norway is difficult as well?

Peter

7. rosso dino

rosso dino Karting

Mar 5, 2009
  8. PhatFrank

PhatFrank Karting

Nov 9, 2010
    Norway
    Our insurance company normally limits value to around 160' Euros, but they will increase this if a proper valuation is presented. Not too sure about the cost, will check.

9. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Thanks to all for lots of good input here and via PM's. I have a good baseline now for my negotiations with the insurance company and I even have written valuations from other companies to use fore. Great forum.

Regards Peter