Dino exhaust seats | FerrariChat

Dino exhaust seats

Discussion in '206/246' started by barchettaboy, Dec 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barchettaboy

barchettaboy Rookie

Nov 11, 2011
    Sequim WA
    Full Name:
    Darryl Fling
    Hello to all again
    I am in the middle of a long path in completely rebuilding the heads on a customers Dino, I was able to source all of the parts to do the heads, except the exhaust seats. I know everybody says that the machine shop usually sources those, and that has always been my experience as well. However my machinist has not had any luck with the exhaust seats. So I did a bunch of looking as well and the only ones I could find was from Mr Fiat at $50 a piece so I got them, but my machinist says they are like 46mm OD and they should to be around 41mm OD
    So after contacting Mr. Fiat they say there supplier says, to have them turned down.

So as you can see, I want off this dog and pony show, and there must be someplace to buy the correct seats.

Any help out there would be much appreciated

Darryl

2. jag312

jag312 Karting

Oct 22, 2015
    Minden, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Edward Peterson
    Dinoparts in Germany sells the exhaust seats. Are they the correct size or are they the ones that need to be turned down to the proper size?

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Looking on the superperformance web site i see they do a range of exhaust valves from 35 to 39 mm. You must have the smaller size if your seats need to be 41mm outside.
    They have exhaust valves for lead free conversion so i assume you would be looking for lead free seats. I cannot find seats on their site which is a surprise but you can get them made to order in the uk if you have a pattern or drawing.

4. barchettaboy

barchettaboy Rookie

Nov 11, 2011
    Sequim WA
    Full Name:
    Darryl Fling
    I to looked all over the superformance site for the seats and they have ones for a lot of other models but not the Dino, They have everything else, valves, guides, springs, etc.etc. I bought a bunch of stuff from them, for this car, new cams, engine and suspension parts, etc and I believe ( my memory not being that great anymore ) I emailed them as well, it is a no.
    I will try Dino parts

I am also looking for the correct door panels in black with the hole pattern for the speakers as well, I find lots of people selling the panels but not with the speaker pattern.

Darryl