Title search DMV | FerrariChat

Title search DMV

Discussion in '206/246' started by madeche, Jan 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. madeche

madeche Rookie

May 30, 2008
    Hello, does anyone know who to research an old title. My Dino had a Georgia (US) title from 1985. It lists a previous title number. I tried on the DMV website but the VIN is too short (compared to modern VIN's). Any idea?
    Thanks. Filippo

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Do you need a *new* title? Or are you simply looking for information? Which state are you in yourself?

Some states are harder than others to track down an older title. If you're trying to get a new one, it could be possible, but the state matters.

3. madeche

madeche Rookie

May 30, 2008
    Hi, I am trying to map the history of my car. I live in Europe actually. Any help is appreciated

4. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    In California, the DMV deletes vehicle records for any car that hasn't been registered in at least 5 years. It's as though it never existed in the eyes of the DMV...they don't even back them up in archives. I ran into this when trying to xfr about 10 such cars of a friends collection into his living trust. Fortunately I was able to show proof of ownership by the old titles.

So first I suggest you determine how long the Georgia DMV even retains vehicle records.

5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    PM your serial number if you like I have large database of Ferrari and other.