Marker light bezel | FerrariChat

Marker light bezel

Discussion in '206/246' started by sowest, Jan 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    #1 sowest, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am trying to help a friend complete the accident damage repair to his 246 GT. One of the remaining items is a replacement for the left rear marker light bezel which was destroyed in the accident.

He did get a new one, but it is made differently and is a very poor fit on the car. The new one has a very thin flange and is perfectly straight vertically and horizontally. The picture shows his original right side bezel. The flange is thicker which allows for a curve to match the body work.

Would anyone have the correct piece, new or used, or know a source that can supply the correct part? The owner told me is checking with Re-Originals and Dino Parts.

Thank you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Look at a US spec Alfa Romeo Spider. I believe they used the exact same lights as the Dino for the marker lights.

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn

Can you please share what Dino your friend has?

Shawn

4. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Nuvolari: Thanks for that tip. I do know a couple of Spider owners whose cars I could look at. It will also give me another direction for on line searching.

Shawn: I do not have the serial number available. The car is a 246 GT that the owner has had for many years. At the time of the accident, it was his daily driver, in fact, it was his only car. He was hit hard in the rear. There is a thread with pictures in the Hawaii section of this forum. It is titled "I bet your day wasn't this bad". It is likely back a page or two. The body work was done on another island. It will be back on this island before long and I can check the serial number.

Thanks and Aloha
    Larry

5. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
  6. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I just looked at the "I'll bet your day wasn't this bad" link and the Dino looks spectacular now in that rich deep brown color.

It is also interesting to note that your first post here in the Dino section about looking for a marker light bezel was exactly one year AFTER your last post in the "I'll bet your day wasn't this bad" thread.

I hope that you and the owner will decide to start a separate thread in the Dino section about it and the other Dinos in Hawaii.

Finally, I saw that a blue Dino was mentioned in your Hawaii thread and I believe that was Gregg Blue’s 206, which he traded to Canepa Design and purchased a black 1964 AC Cobra CRX 2521. Here's a link to Gregg Blue's thread about trading in his 206: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/206-246/283518-206-gt-traded.html?highlight=Hawaii

7. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Hi Dinogts

"Brown Dino" does not SOUND attractive, but I do think the car looks very good in that color. It is original.

The repair was done very well, but it has been a long process. Check the date of the first post....;>)

The blue car mentioned in the thread is a very nice 246GTS that is on this island (Oahu).

8. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    #8 4CamGT, Jan 10, 2017
  9. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    #9 4CamGT, Jan 10, 2017
  10. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Hi 4CamGT

Wow! That is an amazing and generous offer. I would like very much to get the parts. I will solve the problem on this car and pass the other pieces on to someone in need in the future.

I will send a PM.

Thank you and Aloha

Larry

11. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Larry,

I'll pack them up tomorrow and they'll be on their way! All the best with your friend's Dino. Looking great!!!

Freeman

12. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Shipped!!

13. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    I wanted to express my and the Dino owner's appreciation for the very generous contribution Freeman/4CamGt has made to resolving the marker light problem.

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa

Larry