206 - Early car question - Original tyre fitment? | FerrariChat

206 - Early car question - Original tyre fitment?

Discussion in '206/246' started by Longstone Tyres, Jan 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    #1 Longstone Tyres, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Team

We have historically had difficulties with these cars. they had a bit less room under the wing and i don't believ you can generally fit the 205/70VR114 Michelin XWX > i don't know if anyone has tried the new production of 205/70VR14 Cinturato CN36 but they probably won't fit either, though they are a 1968 tyre.

There is a bit more aabout it on here Ferrari Dino if you see any mistakes please let me know and we will set it right.

1968 is pretty much the year when low profile or 70% profile tyres came out and it was towards the end of the year, so i would suggest that the technology wasn't quite ready when the Dino first came out. so untill now we have been recommending the 185HR14 Michelin MXV-P . It's not period and it's noot V rated but it is the best tyre in the size.

Does anyone know what they fitted as OE?

I am going to talk to Pirelli about the pissabolity of possibly making a 185VR14 Cinturato CA67 that looks like this

Any evidence; build sheets, photographs etc would be greatly appreciated
    Image Unavailable, Please Login