Just Curious; How many here purchased their 246 at an Auction? | FerrariChat

Just Curious; How many here purchased their 246 at an Auction?

Discussion in '206/246' started by Voda, Jan 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    Just Curious;
    1. How many here purchased their 246 at an Auction?
    2. If so, which auction house and how was your experience? Would you do it again?
    3. How many would consider purchasing a 246 at auction? Why or why not?

The point of this thread is to simply start a discussion, and who knows, maybe this will help a fellow f-chatter in some way, shape, or form.

2. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    I purchased a 89 Porsche speedster 6000 miles at Amelia Island auction. Had my Porsche mechanic evaluate the vehicle to see if it checked out. Didn't get to test drive it. That car was only 1/3 the price of my Dino.

The Dino I purchased from a private party here. The Dino has been perfect - the seller has an excellent reputation and knows more about Ferraris than I ever will. I was sold on the Dino when he tossed me the keys and let my wife and I go for a test drive alone. It has become a very memorable moment for me. I have not had any problems with the car, nor any regrets. It was a much better, stress fee experience that the auction. Buy the seller. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

3. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    [​IMG]

4. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    PM sent

5. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#5 dinogts, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just curious - what headlights do you have? They look pretty flat faced - like they might be Marchal Amplilux??

Here's the photo that he uploaded via Tapatalk so everyone can see it without having to click on the link.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    I purchased my 72 Yellow Dino GT from an auction house in 2015 and at the time I paid a great price, reasonably high in a way but it was still a saving. The fun had at auction makes up for any mishaps, overall it was a pleasurable and intense experience and I'll do it again. Make sure you do your complete and thorough research before jumping into it and you'll never know, you might get lucky and end up purchasing the car for less than the market price.

7. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    They look like original Carello Euro specs.

8. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Good eye- 500 tr. Very impressive! [​IMG]

9. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Not I. I think one needs to be both brave and very knowledgeable to spend that sort of money at auction. I am neither.