Superformance delivery missing some items | FerrariChat

Superformance delivery missing some items

Discussion in '206/246' started by Skippr1999, Feb 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I recently have ordered a bunch of items from Superformance. Everything has arrived except the undertray. Superformance says it's at my post office, but it is not. Everything else was delivered to my door. One of the tracking numbers shows some of my items being delivered to some town in England. I live in the USA !!

I've asked them to either find the items I've ordered and paid for, or send me a replacement.

They are not responding to my emails. What should I do ?

Skipp

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Ask them for proof of delivery......signature?

I know them all very well, they are a honest bunch of guys so talk to them

3. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I want to talk with them, but they haven't responded to my emails. If they don't respond, what should I do ?

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Pick up the phone and call them. Their email communication is ok but their phone service is excellent. Some places still work best with a good old phone call.

5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    But not everyone has international calling capabilities. I mean, if you never call Europe, why would you pay more for that capability every month??

6. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
  7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    They do reply to e mails and their service is very good,

8. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Even T-Mobile has an option that I use on one of my phone lines that costs only $5.00 extra per month and I can call practically anywhere in the world. I have called Superformance, O'roarke, Henk, and Matthias Bartz several times, and I call clients in Sweden, France, India, Hong Kong, Italy, and elsewhere with no problems or any other expenses. If you can't afford an extra $5.00 per month, you should have bought a Corvette!

9. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm the customer who paid them, and expect them to deliver the product to me. And if there is an issue, and I contact them via email, then I expect them to respond. If I have to make a call, it will be to Visa to cancel the charge.

10. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    This is a ridiculous response. Like I really can't afford the call.

11. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I completely agree. If a company provides an email contact method, they're obligated to pay attention to it. Otherwise, what's the point of having it?

12. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Though absolutely treasured, my 71 Dino is by far the lowest value classic in my little collection (61 Aston Martin, 57 BMW), so I can clearly afford the extra $5/mo. But it seems ridiculous to pay extra each month for something I would only use once (and only because the vendor may not check their emails). That would be throwing money away and not towards the next classic planned for my collection, which just so happens to be a 63 split-window Corvette!

13. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Well said. Great little collection you have. I'm giving them til Wednesday to remedy the situation, after which I'll just dispute the charge. Life's too short for this stuff.

14. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Geez, hundreds of thousands in cars, but no long distance? What's next, regular instead of premium gas? Does Terrible Herbst still exist? Drive a zillion miles to fill-up at Costco...

Oilchangers?

How many miles to the gallon do you get in your Ferrari? Is that an issue, and if it is, come on guys, get real :)

At times in life, voices work much much better than a crappy email, specially when they are matters of importance.

Canceling a Visa? That is a low blow to a most reliable and top retailer.
    Keep seeing visions of Panteras...

Regards, Alberto

15. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Well put, $5 x month x 12. $60 bucks x year, possibly a 1/43 scale Corvette, 427 of course ;)

Of course, over 100 years that would make it 6 grand, clearly a princely sum.

Regards, Alberto

16. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Old fashioned ???
    In stead of crying out loud on some interweb forum, IMO, a realistic, old fashioned person picks up the phone (who knows, they might even speak English out there at Superformance ?) to find out what can be done to solve the concern and due to several entities and possibilities involved with international shipping beyond suppliers control, gives them some benefit of a doubt.

Having been buying, selling, shipping and receiving vintage cars and parts to-and-from around the globe for over 30 years, at times I've had to deal with unexpectedly long (even months) delays or even lost shipments. Occasionally, resolving these have not been made easier by severe cultural and/or language barriers, but I'm still not ready to quit.
    What is this world coming to ?
    We might as well give up on "old fashioned" cars. They're just too complicated and don't even come with "instant happy" reset button if something goes wrong.

17. rosemeyer

rosemeyer Karting

Aug 13, 2010
    Skippr,

Let me see if I understand. You are unwilling to pick up the phone and speak to someone at Superformance (an "old fashioned" approach these days, BTW) in order to get your issue resolved but are ready to call your credit card company and then have to chase after another vendor in the hopes of finding the part you have already found at Superformance. The logic escapes me.

Superformance truly is one of the good guys in our hobby. A small family run business that has been around forever, has an excellent product offering well presented on their website, has kind and helpful staff, and quick order turnaround times. What Superformance is not, is perfect. Like all businesses they sometimes drop the ball, as you have found in this instance.

Rather than assume the worst why not talk to a human being and figure out what is going on? I understand you have sent them e-mails and have not received a reply. Sometimes this happens for any number of non nefarious reasons. As others have suggested a simple call, even in 2017, oftentimes works best.

Best Regards,
    Paul

18. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Spot onPaul, a voice of common sense- never heard such rubbish about a missing part

19. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I talk to my buddy in Switzerland often on Skype and it is a dirt cheap call. Free sign up and small credit ~$10 or so to start. I called England on my Verizon phone and it was like $25!

20. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    If I were Superformance, this would be a great (huge) opportunity for them to show their customer service and how they care for the customer speaking to the top read Ferrari forum. There are only a few people commenting but I'm sure a lot are reading to see what happens. I'm sure they must read the posts on here.

Freeman

21. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Did not mean to get so testy, but,
    every time I have written to S.F. I have received a reply, but I mostly call and they are patient enough to go down the shopping list alongside,
    and inevitably there has to be some likelihood of human lubrication.

Forums are locations for soliloquies , places where by the time someone answers, you have to go back and re read the whole thing.

Humanity is going down the tubes with this new technology, no one even starts letters
    as we were taught at school, "Dear Sir/Madam"...now it is all hey and bye, if at all...
    Credit card or Paypal?

Skip, are you writing to people at S.F. to their personal mail, or to, administrator, info...?

If not, that might make all the difference. Still, a telephone call works wonders.

Freeman I am afraid you are 100% right, but , they don't have the time to monitor us, they work 16hour days.

Theirs, is another place to visit in the old bucket list, lovely people I have found among
    the 4 or 5 commercial top sellers around.

For what it's worth...

Regards, Alberto

22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    this whole thing seems crazy a person is successful enough to own a nice collection of classic cars but won't call a company to ask about a simple problem with a part ordered for a 45 year old car..First it is herd to imagine you can't figure out what to do. Things happen in any business maybe the email went down maybe the message did not get to them .
    I would simply pick up the phone and pay the cost of the call and get my part or call them after hours and let them call you back.

I have used this company many times and have never had a problem ...
    best of luck

23. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I appreciate the positive responses. To clarify, I have never made an international call and really don't know how to. Sorry if that sounds stupid or is surprising to some of the more Wordly people here. I can assure everyone here that I can afford the call if I'm able to somehow finger out which buttons to press ;)

Guys, I never said anything bad about SF in my original post and was only asking what some of you would do to rectify a confusing situation. It's in a different country and a way different time zone. All the other items were delivered promptly and I find it strange that these other items weren't. That's all, nothing more. I still think they should be more responsive, but some of you seem to think a man of my means should pick up the phone and call them. I guess I'll have to do that. Controversy over.

24. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Really no different to any other phone call, just need a few extra digits in front to "get overseas" .
    This might be useful:
    https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/uk/london
    There is a link in the middle of the page "see how to dial" which will give you the correct international dialing codes. I would imagine Superformance are used to receiving calls from the USA.

M

25. Pantdino4

Pantdino4 Karting

Sep 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim Oddie
    #25 Pantdino4, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    You can also get an International phone card at Walmart or whatever for a certain amount or number of minutes if you only expect to make a few calls. That's what I do when planning a trip.