14th FCD Ferrari Dino-Excursion "Forest of Odes" 30th June to 2nd July 2017 | FerrariChat

14th FCD Ferrari Dino-Excursion "Forest of Odes" 30th June to 2nd July 2017

Discussion in '206/246' started by GermanDino, Mar 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Dear Dino Friends,

Our 2017 planned exit we have limited to three days, so the arrival is now on a Friday and the departure is scheduled for the Sunday midday.

The participants will meet nearby Frankfurt am Main on Friday, June 30, 2017.

After breakfast on Saturday morning and the obligatory meeting we start our Dino-exit to the nearby Forest of Odes. We leave the Rhine-Main plain and spend the majority of the morning in the Bavarian part of the uplands. On the traffic-poor side roads, it is always uphill and downhill through the beautiful Forest of Odes landscape and also one or the other historical hillclimbing track will be driven by us. We will reach the racetrack Hockenheimring at about midday. Ferraris' s 70th anniversary in Germany will take place that day and we will have access to all the festivities, including catering and a joint demonstration ride on the circuit. In the afternoon you will be back on your way to the hotel. At 7:30 pm we will start the evening with a champagne reception followed by a 4-course menu with seasonal specialties.

The Sunday is started again with a common breakfast. After the check-out, we continue to the heart of the financial metropolis, Frankfurt's banking district. There we will have the possibility to visit the high-rise building of Commerzbank. It is still the highest office tower in Europe. Our Dino meeting will end around midday, having a small fingerfood buffet in the tower.

We have already 45 Ferrari Dinos lined up and only a few rooms left... if you want to participate please contact me.

Regards Matthias

2. 246328458

246328458 Karting

Feb 13, 2017
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    246 SAH
    Hi - can Dino owners from other parts of the world join in somehow - even if they can't bring a Dino? I'm in NZ which unfortunately counts out bringing a mine to your part of the world but I might be able to make it myself. The Ferrari NZ 70th celebrations were great!!!

Regards
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    #3 GermanDino, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Wonderful photos thank you for sharing. That is a LOT of Dino's in one place.

5. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    We just call it a comfort zone

6. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    #6 pshoejberg, Jul 3, 2017
    Thank you to the members of the German Ferrari Club and not least Matthias for hosting this faboulies weekend in, what we Danes would call ,the North German Alps.
    Driving around the Hockenheimring together with hundreds of classic Ferrari's will never be forgotton and I only noticed one Dino with slight engine problems after the track round. Codus to my wife who drove with me for more than 2100 Km over the weekend. These cars are so fun to drive, but the comfort level driving down the German Autobahn in pouring rain and with high speed leaves a lot to be desired compared to that of modern cars. However, our effort paid of, when we were presented with a prize at saturday night's dinner for longest drive.
    We both enjoyed the hospitality with which we were received, and we are looking forward to attending more Dino gatherings in the future.

Best regards Signe & Peter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Peter 2100km is more than many Dino's get in a decade let alone a weekend. Good for you for treating it like a CAR and driving it. Enjoy every kilometer.

8. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Peter, I am truly jealous of you and Signe's adventure!
    I hope to do similar adventures next year...
    Best Andrew

9. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
  10. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Peter, it was a pleasure to have you here, great news that you got home safe and sound. Say hi to Signe and hope to see you soon again!

11. bs76

bs76 Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    Björn Schlichting
    #13 bs76, Aug 3, 2017
  12. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind