Dino 206-246 trunk internal measures | FerrariChat

Dino 206-246 trunk internal measures

Discussion in '206/246' started by Albert-LP, Mar 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Hi all, I would like to know (mote or less) which are the Dino trunk internal measures: Length, width and depths. Inches or cm, it doesn't matter, I will do the conversion by myself.

Thank you very much

Ciao

2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #2 Albert-LP, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    So, isn't there a Dino 206 or 246 owenr to be so kind to take a measure and tell me more or less the trunk measures? I need it to know if a luggage set I have could fit a Dino trunk, as I don't know which car it could fit except the 365 GT4 2+2 - 400 GT.

Thank you very much again!

ciao

3. Dino Club Germany

Dino Club Germany Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2008
    Germany
    Full Name:
    N. Schumacher
    I think the question is not so easy to answer as the trunk is not a simple box with rectangular shape. I measured some dimensions for you:
    Trunk opening is approx. 90 x 60 cm
    Inside longest width inner fender to inner fender is 145 cm
    Inside smallest width between bot whee housings is around 96 cm
    Smallest length (botom panel) is 45 cm
    Depth is min 30 cm.

4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    You beat me to it, I was just measuring for you.

Approx 90cm x 60cm opening x 35cm deep. This excludes the gaps under the wings

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you very much! Now I have an Idea about how it is. I would need another measure: which is the maximum lenght? and wich width there is, along that maximum lenght?

A picture of the trunk, with the lid open, would help a lot too, and I could do my estimate just with the info you wrote.

The luggage set is this: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/145281839-post310.html

I don't think that it can fit the 246 trunk, but I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you again.

ciao

6. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Very nice luggage, but trying to fit all of those pieces together, I can pretty much guarantee the answer is a resounding `no'. Also, a Dino trunk tends to get very warm, so I certainly wouldn't want to put such nice luggage into my Dino trunk other than for a very short trip.

7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #7 Albert-LP, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Thank you very much. The warm problem is shared with 208, 308 and Mondial: they all are very warm. Those luggage set (with all the others I have) are just for collection and won't enter anymore in a trunk: it was just to know which trunk they could fit beyond the 365-400

ciao

8. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I have no idea how much exhaust enters the trunks of 208s, 308s, or Mondials, but in a Dino trunk, unless very very carefully sealed, exhaust fumes can permeate the trunk pretty easily.

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

So you guys are running around, measuring your trunks so that this guy can SELL a set of luggage and list the Dino as a car it'll fit in?

Sheesh, that takes some balls to ask for that, and was extremely generous of you guys to do.

Then, if that wasn't enough, he posts follow up questions for more details, just to make sure it'll fit in a trunk that no one would ever put Schedoni luggage in anyway, and for which there was never (unless I'm crazy) an official luggage set in the 1st place. (After all, it wasn't a Ferrari :D)

Holy crap.

Or am I reading this wrong?

And there's not a chance in hell that all that stuff would fit in the trunk of a Dino.

D

10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I don't want to sell anything. It just arrived home some days ago and I really don't know which car it can fit: I think it just fits the 365-400 and not a Dino as the two big suitcases are very big and just one can fit the Dino trunk, for what I learned. I have a big collections of Ferrari suitcases sets and the only sets I can sell are the ones that I have twice (a 308-328 one and a 348-355 one, both are in the ads section, the 308-328 one is already sold and waiting for pickup). This one is not for sale. If I were looking for a customer, I would have posted in the 400 section and would have placed an ad in the classified section.

Thank you very much for your kindness.

Ciao

11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #11 Albert-LP, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Dear Dave M., as I'm one of the biggest Schedoni collector in the world, I will tell you something you don't know. Schedoni produced ONE set for the 246. It was just one set (1) and very likely it wasn't a Ferrari official set (as it wasn't the very first 308 set they produced). This one I have is not a Schedoni set, of course: I just got it to complete my collection and to show what there was as Ferrari official luggage set before Schedoni age. This one was produced in Firenze by Ital Style, a firm that is no more active. You will learn it when you will visit the Schedoni shop on your next Italy visit. You learn a lot of thing when you touch things with hands and meet the real persons without just reading books.

I now learned that my pre Schedoni age set is not for a Dino and just fits the 365-400 trunk, thanks to 246 Fchat section members, as I just own five 3x8 cars and not a Dino 246. It was built around the mid of seventies so the age could be very close to Dino age.

I would expect that next time you will write just what you know for sure and not what you just guess about other forum members you never talked with before. Ok?

Thank you very much

Ciao

12. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I think this a legitimate question, and guys in Dinoland are known for their kindness.

Certainly, it does not hurt to ask a question as posted. I thought it strange when I read the title at first, but perfectly reasonable, even if the OP wanted to sell a set. Why not?

Let's have a bourbon, or two, or... next time I am in Tejas Dave, we made a plan a long time ago.

Regards, Alberto

PS I still have your NOS steering wheel, one of these days...

13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I don't want to sell anything, I'm sorry if my opening gave that idea.

Several here helped me to have an answer, I thank them all: I know that's sometimes is boring to answer a question that requires to move to the box, remove the car cover, open the car and waste some time to take a measurement.

Please remind me which OEM steering wheel you are referring to, I'm sorry but I don't remember anything.

Ciao

14. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Alberto, try translating my message, it will be clearer then.

Also, you are not Dave, so the bourbon and the NOS wheel is a message for him.

If you read closely, I mentioned that it was OK for you to ask the question and no problems about it.

Saluti, Alberto

PD. Forza Ferrari!

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thanks, you are right: I didn't read carefully your post!

Ciao

Alberto

PS
    Great F.1 win, today!

16. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Wow. All along while I was following this thread I thought your question about the Schedoni luggage and the dimensions of a Dino trunk were just a cover for asking how many dead bodies could fit into the back of Dino, if packaged properly. Now I am disappointed. ;)

17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Maybe you have to cut them in advance, or they cannot fit... ;)

ciao

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #18 Albert-LP, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    well, after a long search I learned what that luggage set is.

1) It's not for a specific car, unlike the very famous (later) Schedoni sets.
    2) it was designed and produced, in Firenze (Italy), by miss Fiamma Breschi, the very famous Enzo Ferrari concubine, that was aside Enzo for many years
    3) Miss Fiamma Breschi produced several items (bags and suitcases) with that official Ferrari design
    4) they are made with the same textile/cloth of the official Ferrari owner's pouch (the one used from the mid seventies until early 1985).
    5) It's not for sale as I have just that: hope you all liked to learn something about the (in my opinion) fascinating world of the official Ferrari suitcases and luggage sets. A small world were I'm a big collector.

7) Schedoni produced one (1) luggage set for the DINO 246 GT. One, just one, in 1976, exaclty like the famous 308 early one. Please don't try to find it, as it's here in Italy and won't move for any reason.

ciao

19. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Would be pleasing if you could post photographs.

Saluti, Alberto

20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Pictures of what set?

Ciao

Alberto

21. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    The Dino 246 set of course...you're in a Dino forum.

22. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Quello di Fiamma Breschi...ne ha un'altro?

Saluti, Alberto

23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #23 Albert-LP, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm sorry, I don't own the set: they still belong to the first owner since 1976. It's a 4 pieces like the very first 308 one, a perfect fit set like all the Schedoni sets.

The Fiamma Breschi suitcases were for sale strating from the beginning of the seventies till the mid/end of the seventies and you could compose them as you wanted (it' like to buy some Ferrari suitcases at an official Ferrari shop today) so they were good for every car, doing the appropriate composition.

Here you are. As said, there were other pieces (a dress holder, a 24 hours and a lady shop bag): you could compose them as you wanted, so they were good for any car and Ferrari official. Then Schedoni (when Fiamma Breschi and Enzo separated...) started to do the bespoke - perfect fit suicases sets, for each car. But in the mid there was at least one experiment with another supplier with a perfect fit luggage set for the BB. But this is another story I will tell in the boxer section as soon as possible...

ciao
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto